Monday, November 27, 2006

New Week, Into the Season

Ella returned to school today. She was excited...to tell her teacher about mommy's Strawberry Shortcake hair.

My mother treated me to a new "do" and I really appreciated it and love the result. Philip did not even bat an eye when I got home...I am glad. I was worried he'd be upset. He just gets upset when I put my hair in a ponytail or "up." I can't figure that one out.

Richie had several days off, not Thanksgiving Day, but the following three. How wonderful was that! An added blessing was the warmer weather. Even today, Philip got to play outside a bit. Hopefully tomorrow I can take both kids out for a little walk in the woods.

A new friend of mine is stopping over tomorrow with her little baby boy. He is only about 6 weeks old. So sweet...they've been serious picture customers lately, so that was a blessing, too!

I am thankful for those that put up with me, friends and family alike. These few days have been rough, and I need to remain thankful and plugged in with friends, especially.

Ella brought home a gorgeous picture of an owl and a moon....can't wait to show it to her "papa." And again, show her granmda the Crippled Lamb Book, by Max Lucado. What a sweet story..it had both Rich and I in tears when we read it separately to the kids.

This Saturday is my jewelry party, and I better get on the ball. Who knows how many will show up since I forgot to ask people and forgot to hand out inviations until the last possible moment! Right now, it just seems like to much, but I guess I need to go through with it. I like to support people, especially when they've helped me out so much and have encouraged me.

We're looking forward to many music events this month of December. And, I am especially looking forward to making snowglobes with Ella and ginger bread cookies. Maybe we'll make a gingerbread house, but we'll see. I can't put to many things on my to do list. I am overwhelmed already.

Black Friday shopping, yes, I must write about that, was successful. I was out of my house by 5:30 and home by 10 ish. I ordered Adobe PSE 5.0 online so I wouldn't have to go into yet another crazy store. I found a sweet charm watch bracelet with horses on it for you know who, and Veggie Tales playdough set for the other you know who.

Whew...don't know if I am ready for BF ever again! HA!

I took some more family pictures over the weekend and am so delighted with them. Plus, my friend Katie just hired me to do her little baby girl's three month pictures. That made my day.

Grandma Snyder needs prayer...she is in pain. It breaks my heart.

Dear Lord, please bless her body, her health, her spirit. May this time of pain pass quickly. We ask you to heal her, with confidence that your will be done, and your peace be brough upon us, as her family. Thank you, Dear Lord, Amen.

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

So what did you do to your hair? Whatever it is, I'm sure it looks beautiful. It always does:-)

Praying for your Grandma Snyder.

Sweet Peripety said...

I it all red.

Can ya believe it?

I really like it. Plus, a few long layers in it. ALLLLL one color for once!

Kimmy said...

Wow! I can't wait to see it!