Friday, November 10, 2006

Some Refreshment

Last night was the second women's get together at my church. We played around with makeup and checked out Cookie Lee jewelry. And, I signed up for a Cookie Lee party for the beginning part of December. I can't wait! I think I'll be able to buy a few Christmas gifts, and hopefully have a nice showing. The party is really different from what most parties are. NO presentation...just the goods layed out to see and you can come ANYTIME you want and stay however long you want to!

I also took the kids "shopping" today for a couple of hours. Ella has a Strawberry Shortcake DVD now, which we purchased at a great discounted price. I also found a pair of pajamas for Philip, the next size up, and a cute outfit for Ella that was very much marked down. OH, and shhhhh A Veggie Tale Bible for Philip for Christmas, also purchased with a nice discount. No more Christmas shopping for me for awhile, at least not again until the first of December, or maybe Black Friday. Rich works both Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day so I DO have the next days after that free to go shopping, although I truly wish he would be able to stay home for the holidays.

We are going to check out the Salvation Army next door, or rather, down the block, and see if they need any help with volunteers soon. They keep remaining on our hearts and minds and have been for awhile. God must be nudging us, but we'll see.

Philip is about 100% now, and always ALWAYS hungry! What thankful hearts Rich and I have. Ella has been with me all day, since she does not have school on Friday. She is so much fun. l love her, even though we've had a few difficult moments today...especially with the socks and shoe thing again. I believe that she will wind up walking around outside barefoot soon, if I get desperate. Just kidding, but I hope her complaints end soon or I can figure out how to get her to respond properly with me about her socks and shoes.

Richard will be home early tonight, and I am so excited. I will definitely be making chicken for him tonight. Bless his heart, I have not made a full meal in about a week!

Then, hopefully, he and the kids will be outside for awhile. Ella has refused to go outside this afternoon. That is actually okay with me, but I know we need to enjoy this nicer weather while it lasts.

What a beautiful day and what blessings we have. Thank you, Lord...

0 comments: