Thursday, March 15, 2007

These days

have just been plain tough. It's mind over matter. The body I have just isn't function very well for me, and it is hard just to get lunch for the kids. I had a great, feel good day Monday. I felt normal, no fibromyalgia problems, but since Tuesday, it went downhill.

However, I am glad I pushed myself out to praise band practice last night. I never go, really. So imagine the suprise! The kids went to my parents and had a great time. I had about 15 minutes just to play anything I wanted with no one around, and played some Easter hymns. I love both hymns and choruses, but probably hymns more. Then, we finally had practice. We had lots to go over, some stuff for the music night Sunday, and then for the R.O.C.K. program we'll be playing for next Saturday. R.O.C.K. stands for Reaching Our Community Kids. This is a prayer vigil/service for the kids in the community that are hooked on drugs, selling them, etc. Usually they have members from Teen Challenge, a tough drug rehab program, talk to. What powerful testimonies. POWERFUL! They came to our church several weeks ago, like they do periodically, and it's power of the blood in the purest form. WOW.

I have been researching things about LDS and Mormons recently, because many of the photographers' blogs I see hint to those religions. I've read an entire book of cults before, and they were included in that cluster, but it's interesting to see what the deep down differences between us as Christians and their take on Jesus and eternity. Very interesting. I feel it's good to be prepared to know what you believe and have an idea of what others believe to. I know least about Catholicism, but I hope to have a grip on that someday. I worked with Muslims in Tennessee, so I have a grip on that, too. It's nice to work my SAHM brain once in awhile!

0 comments: