A mother of four from our church asked to take our two children home with her after church..directly home. We were stunned but accepted the offer. So, the kids went to the Mills farm and had an entire afternoon playing outside and both rode horses. Rich exercised during that time, and I slept, trying to recover from Saturday. My recovery did not go so well Sunday, as I could hardly make it through our small group later that night. Gracious as she is, the hostess, Gail Patrick, suggested Rich and I go for a walk around the block, so we did. I probably shouldn't have gone to the small group in the first place, because I was so tired and couldn't think...the game they played first off did not go over well with me. For some reason, I cannot deal with guessing games, or trying to figure out a name or fact. It completely stresses me out. BUT, give me a scrabble board, and there I go. I love that, and cards. Anyways, I really couldn't deal with the pressure, because I could not think, and I just fell apart. Luckily the sunglasses were on and I was able to hide out somewhere for a few minutes to pull myself together. Then, I went back out, and snuggled Rich on the porch couch where everyone was chatting and eating. That was then, whew, an escape route came to be via a walk. That truly helped.
I really like our small group..we are the youngest couple there, and that is actually a good thing. It's a blessing to learn from other couples' experiences.
Backtracking to Saturday, the wedding went wonderfully. I really enjoyed the laid back, behing the house, in your own backyard, casual wedding. It was great. The couple was fun to photograph. I am very pleased with the results from my camera, too.
Rich drove me ( a huge stress relief) and took the kids to a nearby playground while I photographed the wedding. We got to go to Chipotle, too, after all. There, Ella made about 3 trips to the potty. The second one people noticed because she was out of her chair and running so fast to the back of the place (I didn't know she was gone from our table until she was in the back hallway), and saying pee the potty pee the potty. I couldn't help but laugh because other people were laughing too. Kids...they provide some interesting entertainment.
This morning we were able to take Ella's first ever disposable camera to the photo lab. She took her own pics on her birthday. Then, we picked up stuff for a little picnic and went to the Firestone Park for a little while. The kids really enjoyed themselves, and made a new friend. It has been such a pleasant day..I hope it continues.
Monday, April 23, 2007
Timing..
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 3:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment