Yesterday, was the last day we had our Pastor Ron as our Pastor. For, he has retired. He blessed us with his guitar music after a wonderful but too short sermon. Following the service, there was a catered dinner, and then after that, a program, mostly filled with laughs to balance out the tears of the morning. I personally sobbed alone in my pew after I played the music during the morning service. From past experiences with churches, I have had somewhat of a nonepectancy of compassionate, friendly pastors, but Pastor Ron was the exception, and I will never forget that. His wife, Karen, has blessed me with a friendship I shall never forget. I've never ever connected with a pastor and wife (and I don't wish to say "and wife" because she has so much to do with her husband's ministry, too!) than I have with these two Godly people. I know that others would feel the same way. A silly worry I've had the past few weeks is that they would forget us. Silly, I know, but Pastor Ron said Sunday during his sermon that he will not forget us..and I am serious when I say this, whether he knew it or not, he looked directly in my direction. Talk about a relief in my heart.
As for the other day in the weekend, Saturday, Rich went with Ella and my dad to a Civil War area recruitment. They all dressed up in period clothing, too. I had a dress that my Grandma Snyder had made for me when I was little, and I thought it would be perfect for Ella. It was, because it fit her perfectly and was similar to what the children wore in that era.
She was so excited, Ella was, and I was told that she behaved so well at the camp. Interestingly, I have always wished for Ella to like the things I did when I was little..Little House on the Prairie, the west, old time stuff..and she is liking that stuff!!!! I can only pray that ithis is part of the legacy I can leave behind, for I believe that appreciating the past, expecially of earlier America, is important. The simple things, the times that made you closer to God and his creation.
As for the other day in the weekend, Saturday, Rich went with Ella and my dad to a Civil War area recruitment. They all dressed up in period clothing, too. I had a dress that my Grandma Snyder had made for me when I was little, and I thought it would be perfect for Ella. It was, because it fit her perfectly and was similar to what the children wore in that era.
She was so excited, Ella was, and I was told that she behaved so well at the camp. Interestingly, I have always wished for Ella to like the things I did when I was little..Little House on the Prairie, the west, old time stuff..and she is liking that stuff!!!! I can only pray that ithis is part of the legacy I can leave behind, for I believe that appreciating the past, expecially of earlier America, is important. The simple things, the times that made you closer to God and his creation.







0 comments:
Post a Comment