Monday, May 21, 2007

Divine Appointments

I love divine appointments. I have gotten a lot of them in the past few years.

The other day, I saw Beth in the parking lot of the mall with her two children, and yelled her name so she would notice me. It was lovely chatting. Refreshing and just a little blessing from God.

I've gotten a lot of "appointments" that include Kimmy, that's for sure. I like those, too!

Thinking about this post made me reminisce about two things. Here they are:

1. If I hadn't seen Beth at a friend's wedding I wouldn't have eventually gone to the Bible Study where I met Rich.

2. If Kimmy hadn't intervened and "encouraged" Rich to talk to me, it may have taken longer than a couple of years for us to get together! :-)

I think of these friendships as treasures. I have many, they are all different, these friendships, and I am learning too keep them different. I think it's a good thing.

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Amy, you are so sweet! I treasure your friendship as well;-)

Haha, I always like to brag to people about my expert "matchmaking" skills.

Elizabeth said...

I can not tell you how good it was to "run into" you at the mall. It surely was like a breath of fresh air. I am so grateful for our friendship as well!!