Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The kids were basically in dirt all day

But that's what summer is all about right? They helped daddy plant two rows of a garden, beside the two tomato plants we already have and the wild strawberry patch that's been there from the former home owners. Anyways, they planted peas and beans. But, during the planting process Philip took his plastic golf club and smashed some of the tomato plant leaves to bits. He was in a teeny bit of trouble for that one! It'll survive, I am sure, but we got to watch this kid and his "sticks" around plants!
Later, when Rich and I went on a date, the kids spent the entire evening with the Mills family again, and tagged along for their son's baseball game..where they played in dirt.
Cherry said Philip was much happier at their house than at the game...he is really sensitive, Philip is, and I guess he liked the baby kittens that were living on their porch, and um, jumping off the porch. Ella loved the game, of course, and also what she got to eat...icecream, cotton candy, and chips! You'd think this girl was sweets deprived HA! I didnt' mind really because she does NOT get to eat that stuff often at all here.
Rich and I went to Aladdin's. That was OUR place when we where dating/engaged/first married..until after kids. We haven't been there together for a couple of years, actually. I let Rich choose our dining destination, so that's what he chose. It was fine by me...I could tell it made him really happy.
Then, we saw Spiderman 3. After we learned POTC the 3rd was about 3 hours long, we opted out of that one. It was really good, but I think I could've written the ending better. If you want to hear my ending (and don't expect a nice one either) email me.
Then, we went to Barnes and Noble for about 10 minutes because we were really pushing the time there. I picked up a cup of tea and a scone. Poor Rich, though..he had to tough out a growing headach as soon as we dropped off the kids.
Shhh..he had to wear sunglasses at after it was dark, like a quarter to nine, because the lights were bothering him. It was that bad!!!!!!!!
It was a wonderful day, and I thank God for it.
Just pray for the flowers I bought today, too. Who knows if I'll kill them or not. They don't have a good chance, but since they're my "babies" now, mabe I'll be able to keep them alive for at least a week. Just kidding, maybe two!
Oh, and this morning I had a quick, school taking picture shoot with the youth pastor's wife and kids. That was fun. I took Ella along as we met at the Firestone Park. She loved watching the ducks in the pond after we were done. We looked at the tadpoles in the pond too...she knows alllll about that process!
Tomorrow we may go to Beaver Creek Park. But, then Ella would have to miss preschool, and we have praise band practice that night, and I have to take a 3 month olds photographs too. Ohh my. I think we'll get it all done.

0 comments: