

Today is the beginning of a new summer for us. Ella enjoyed her picnic today, with her preschool friends. They said the Pledge and ABC's. They also sang an endearing song about green and speckled frogs. My grandparents attended, and I truly don't know what I would've done if they hadn't been there. They helped out so much. And, I know they loved the program and enjoyed it with all their hearts.
I am thinking of using another logo (not like I have quite come up with one for my business name of Close To Home Photography quite yet) called Imagine Imagery. This would encompass photographs that have a certain look about them and go beyond my regular CTH work. Pretend. Ethereal. Fairyland. Airy. Basically, more processes I go through after I take certain photographs to get this look. And more creativity as I take the photographs themselves. More time spent, basically. Here is an example of what I am talking about.
These photographs would only come as wall portrait sizes, backed and luster coated. And, small storyboards of 3 photographs. I suppose this is a "specialty" venue in the works here.
I can say I am so blessed, relieved, in awe, speechless, floored that FINALLY the creativity that I have wanted to use for YEARS has blossomed into this photography avenue, and has continued to be a ministry to others, and a healing process for myself, and a small monetary blessing for my family.
Right after Ella was born, my sister in law, Lisa, and I created the business called Embellish, because we created sewing products, elegant crafts, scrapbooking pages, home interior accents, scrapbooking elements...all embellished with the things we love= vintage lace, ribbon, fabric, buttons..we were so imaginative and inspired. And looking forward to doing business. We had a couple of open houses and was set up at a florist's craft show.
However.
That didn't go so well. It just didn't click with people around us and we decided, especially since we lived several hours apart, we would quit this endeavor.
On to something else...I became a Close To My Heart consultant, and stayed one for a year. The last party I had I didn't even go to. I was too sick with Philip, as I was pregnant with him at the time, and I coudn't even go for fear of having to use the hostess's bathroom and embarrasing myself due to my nausea.
So, my lack of creativity at this time and loss of energy decided the ending factor to this.
I also placed some scrapbooking related products, basically "embellished" journals, cards, etc., into a couple of shoppes, but it just got to be too taxing and slow. This area we live in is not good for stuff like this. I've been told what we created was classy, and unique. I think people like country crafts more around here..not that there is anything wrong with that, but it's just different.
Also, I worked at a scrapbooking store for a few months, doing classes, but was told I couldn't do that anymore after I became a CTMH consultant. Really, I don't miss being a consultant. I am sooo not the business type. I dislike the whole concept of recruitment to grow your business and having to follow so many rules. I don't like "selling" my product in the ways I were suggested to do so. I like the freedom of doing my own thing, and being my own boss, letting the creative juices flow as the Lord provides. It's amazing that God has brought me here to this point as more faces are being placed in front of my camera than I ever dreamed. I pray that it continues to be like this...work to do, but not terribly busy. My family is so important to me and nothing should ever get in the way of prioritizing them first.
The heartache, disappointment, and utter dismay over lacking the creative spirit to do my own scrapbooking is being replaced with the joy of producing my own beautiful photographs.
I am thinking of using another logo (not like I have quite come up with one for my business name of Close To Home Photography quite yet) called Imagine Imagery. This would encompass photographs that have a certain look about them and go beyond my regular CTH work. Pretend. Ethereal. Fairyland. Airy. Basically, more processes I go through after I take certain photographs to get this look. And more creativity as I take the photographs themselves. More time spent, basically. Here is an example of what I am talking about.

These photographs would only come as wall portrait sizes, backed and luster coated. And, small storyboards of 3 photographs. I suppose this is a "specialty" venue in the works here.
I can say I am so blessed, relieved, in awe, speechless, floored that FINALLY the creativity that I have wanted to use for YEARS has blossomed into this photography avenue, and has continued to be a ministry to others, and a healing process for myself, and a small monetary blessing for my family.
Right after Ella was born, my sister in law, Lisa, and I created the business called Embellish, because we created sewing products, elegant crafts, scrapbooking pages, home interior accents, scrapbooking elements...all embellished with the things we love= vintage lace, ribbon, fabric, buttons..we were so imaginative and inspired. And looking forward to doing business. We had a couple of open houses and was set up at a florist's craft show.
However.
That didn't go so well. It just didn't click with people around us and we decided, especially since we lived several hours apart, we would quit this endeavor.
On to something else...I became a Close To My Heart consultant, and stayed one for a year. The last party I had I didn't even go to. I was too sick with Philip, as I was pregnant with him at the time, and I coudn't even go for fear of having to use the hostess's bathroom and embarrasing myself due to my nausea.
So, my lack of creativity at this time and loss of energy decided the ending factor to this.
I also placed some scrapbooking related products, basically "embellished" journals, cards, etc., into a couple of shoppes, but it just got to be too taxing and slow. This area we live in is not good for stuff like this. I've been told what we created was classy, and unique. I think people like country crafts more around here..not that there is anything wrong with that, but it's just different.
Also, I worked at a scrapbooking store for a few months, doing classes, but was told I couldn't do that anymore after I became a CTMH consultant. Really, I don't miss being a consultant. I am sooo not the business type. I dislike the whole concept of recruitment to grow your business and having to follow so many rules. I don't like "selling" my product in the ways I were suggested to do so. I like the freedom of doing my own thing, and being my own boss, letting the creative juices flow as the Lord provides. It's amazing that God has brought me here to this point as more faces are being placed in front of my camera than I ever dreamed. I pray that it continues to be like this...work to do, but not terribly busy. My family is so important to me and nothing should ever get in the way of prioritizing them first.
The heartache, disappointment, and utter dismay over lacking the creative spirit to do my own scrapbooking is being replaced with the joy of producing my own beautiful photographs.
Here is one more of a shoot the other day in the park.








1 comments:
Thank for sharing that little bit of history. It's interesting how God moves us here or there (or is it that he allows us to move ourselves???) and all seem to be awkward changes that end up turning into something good. God is truly good. I am excited for you Amy, and your creativity and photography. I wish God's blessings on them and you as you continue.
Post a Comment