Sunday, June 24, 2007

Ella's Grandpa Field Trips....are the greatest!

Grandpa and his bestest pal, Ella, took two field trips together this week. One, the first, which was on Wednesday, they did by themselves. Grandpa took Ella to an elementary teacher's science experiment day, where lots of kids, including Ella's ages, did, well, scientific experiments.

Goggles.

Silly puddy.

and my personal favorite,

slime.

She had a great time, and I know she is probably wanting to now become a chemist like her papa. The other teachers there commented she seemed older than 4, and was so well behaved. Well, put a feather in my hat...yeah!

Saturday was the next field trip, and Philip and Mema went to. This trip was at Beaver Creek, with involvement with my parents' church, Williamsport Chapel.

Horse and buggy rides.

Horshoes.

Sack races.

Lots of new friends.

The kids spent the night, then, Saturday night, and went back the next morning for church. Of course, the time they spent with their grandparents, and with some new friend and old fashioned activities was wonderful.

Two members of our church did special music at my parents' church today...neither Rich nor I could attend as Rich had to work this weekend, and I had the offertory. Another lady and I sang and old old song, called It's my desire. I found out my late grandma Duvall like that song, too. Next week, Marti, another alto just like me, we're going to do Goodbye Will Never Come, another oldie. We have had so much fun getting together and singing, harmonizing, and all that. She's so easy going, and fun to sing with..can't beat that!

Our guest speaker was a dynamic one I've heard before, at our church and at ONC..Dave Kahut, ( not sure about the spelling there). If there is any chance for you to hear him speak, do it. I can promise you that it will change how you think about your life. He speaks to churches and schools all around..his "organization" is called Talk is Cheap. I was very humbled when he told me after the service that my music is annoited (piano playing)..I hear that and it throws me off somewhat. Even more, another comment took my by suprise...someone told me he thought the speaker today himself was going to go up to the altar due to my piano. It makes me think that I really need to make sure WHY I am playing the piano at my church in the first place. And, that answer, is a personal one, but it is the one God wants me to have. I am continuosly blessed with music, but it can be taken away at any moment. That's for sure.

One more thing to post that would be noteworthy. I went to a new doctor for my thyroid, depression, fibromyalgia, etc. etc....Wednesday I traveled over an hour (by myself, a shock!) to Greenville, PA and there, was given a special gift.

A little box that was unwrapped, layer by layer, ribbon by ribbon, throughout the time of my appointment, and that finally unveiled my gift that day.

Hope.

Extreme, valuable hope to me that I do not have to live exhausted and in pain the rest of my life. No one, unless they have experienced JUST what I have, would ever know how that hope touched me. Just as I would never know how to identify with other's troubles and difficulties. But, just knowing that someone can help you, and with knowledge that this person/doctor/care giver truly cares to get you better, AND, even more, knows the Lord, is a blessing. A little more joy has carried me over the past few days, over the fatigue and pain. I am confident, now, that God WILL complete his work in me, no matter what the outcome of my health.

1 comments:

Kimmy said...

I'm so glad to hear of your gift of hope. It sounds like you've found a good & caring doctor. I'll be praying to hear more good news from you as God continues his work to bring you health and strength!