Monday, November 19, 2007

Is is time for a longer post?

I woke up early today, and I really am not sure I'll be able to go back to bed before I get done here, with this post, and before Rich gets up and leaves for work. That's okay, but a long day is a coming today. We have Ella's dentist appointment, a Walgreen's trip for some free stuff (aren't coupons great!), Giant Eagle trip as well, and off to Sparkle for a small turkey. Gram and I are going to split one, and I am going to roast it for both of us. We did that last year. Ella's little Thanksgiving party is today, and I offered to help, so my sister in law is coming over to watch Philip for me.

Later tonight....oh my...I have sooooo much laundry to put away it is making my head spin. Plus there's more downstairs. We have no laundry baskets available! And the thing is, if we'd get more, they'd probably get full too. Isn't that sad?

Church yesterday was wonderful. My grandparents were there, too, bless their hearts. Gram had been in the hospital overnight on Friday because of her heart. She's alright, and looking forward to getting into the holiday swing of things. Prayers. That word says so much.

Philip is a storyteller, did anyone know that? He cracks us up. CRACKS US UP! He is so serious about his stories, and the details...how can a two and a half year old come up with stuff like this? A cat falling, hitting his head, hurting his stomach, (and his other stomach), and I don't know what else.

Philip also loves his mommy. He'll just say, out of the blue, "MY MOMMY!" I love LOVE that!
It makes me melt.

Grocery shopping this past week was great, saving over 50%. I also found some good extra gifts at Marcs. Their closeouts can be a wonderful thing, and at .99, yes they are! They also still have toothbrushes 5/$1.

Three other ladies at church and I are singing a quartet on Dec. 1st! I am so excited. We practiced a little bit on Sunday, and we have four part harmony. Beautiful. It's been so long since doing this type of thing. It brings back memories of my high school mini jazz choir my 2 good friends and I were in. Then it brings back a memory of one of those friends...we are estranged, I guess. Very heartbreaking, but I still think about it and pray that God works another miracle.

I've been playing the Traditional Holiday Music channel from our cable lately, and the kids so enjoy dancing to it! I love that music! We have a tree up, too, already.

By the way, the previous post about Buddy's shirt made my husband and dad think about Rich's favorite musician...BUDDY GREEN! Get it? I put Buddy's Green Shirt, and they almost read Buddy Green's Shirt. LOL! Oh brother!!!!

Well, our church is so blessed in knowing that God has brought a new pastor and family to us. And they are arriving this week. Such an exciting time!

I better go. My little girl just woke up and I had to give her a snack. It's 6 am and really am going to try to sneak in some more z's.

Later, expect a post about some exceptional books I have read. One is Ted Deker's Blink of an Eye. Read totally like a movie. Suspensful and political, religious, and romantic, just a tad.

And, The Penny Tree. Not a Christian novel, and it has some elements of concern, but very VERY good. I loved it because of the frankness of motherhood.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I've mentioned this before, but I LOVE your blog. It's so fun to hear wha't going on in your life and your head. LOL!!

Jennifer

Elizabeth said...

Did we sing in jazz together? "The Treble Makers" HAHA! I can't remember. I was in it my Jr. and Sr. year. I really can't remember. I remembered I loved it. I was so proud when I made it! I really do think we were in it together...Hannah was in it too I think, right? Any way...love ya!

Sweet Peripety said...

Nope. THat's a bad subject. They made it (jacelyn and hannah) and I didn't. That year was just awful - my best friends in that and not me.

If mrs C could see me now LOL! Just kidding...I don't have th at much of a big head LOL!

Sam said...

Great post. I love the stuff about Phillip's story telling. Gabbing is a gift I tell you. All you naysayers, a GIFT!!!

;-)