Thursday, November 29, 2007

Parenting

Beth asked about my biggest challenge as a parent. It is this...

My own failure to live up the expectations that I think that a WIFE needs to be to her husband, WHILE being a mother.

For example....not having enough energy to accomplish household chores that I know encourages Rich...and also, not having the quality time alone, on dates, that we need. And that last one is the biggest one, I think.

Gosh, I am way to tired to finish this post, so there is a very short answer!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I always feel like a spy when I'm reading people's blogs that don't know me!

Thanks for the comments on my posts though! We'll have to meet if you go to Mesa Verde, since you'd be driving right through here.

My mom had an amazing way of letting us know that my dad was #1, without making us feel like seconds. I haven't mastered it. I can't even explain how she did it. It's a challenge for so many women that have husbands and children, I think!

Sweet Peripety said...

It's so hard to do! I keep thinking, it's just because they are young....but...it won't get any easier.

Wheew..if your mom did it well, with so many children...I have no excuses LOL!