Sunday, January 06, 2008

A Lovely Anniversary

Rich and I celebrated our 6th anniversary yesterday, January 5th. WOW! I was thinking (and not thinking negatively at all) that we actually were close as 4 months to having Ella at that time during our FIRST anniversary. WOW! I don't wish that we had more time together, as just us....God's timing is perfect!

Anyways, speaking of children, Ella is coughing a lot, and I want to go shopping! Isn't that how it works? I don't want to take her out b/c I don't want it to get worse. All of a sudden, when she got home from church, she started having these coughing fits. I hope the cold doesn't turn. Philip's pinkeye is all better. I had the flu, but it is no longer here, thank goodness. Church was wonderful..I've missed the past two Sundays. Today, Rich missed b/c he is working.

About the shopping..it's grocery shopping I want to do. I bought an absurd number of papers today (well not really) - a total of 6 Post Gazettes, b/c there were FIVE coupon inserts in EACH PAPER. Already, I have the following to get today (hopefully if possible please please please) FOR FREE: 6 tubes of toothpaste, 6 toothbrushes, and 6 jars of peanut butter. I have TONS of other coupons we will use, plus the amount that's right for stockpiling. I am PUMPED about couponing today. It's been TWO weeks of NOT buying papers due to the holidays. So I figured I am saving at least $30 after I bought my papers, since I have all this free stuff. That works out quite nicely this time around. (shhh...I am tempted to get another one!) The problem is that I have to go to 4 different stores. BUT, the good thing is they are all within like, hmm...a half mile of each other? If I can just HOLD ON til Rich comes home, I'll be okay. I am just too anxious.

I love my SECRET SISTER at church!! She left me a wonderful anniversary present..ironically, an Olive Garden gift card. LOL...We used the one Rich gave me at Christmas time for me and my girlfriends whenever we get together, for OUR anniversary. I had been slightly sick, and that is what sounded good to me for our date, so we used it. Now I have it back !LOL! We also saw National Treasure 2. In our opinion, this was better than the first, and we both had like the first. It was SOOO very nice to go see a movie!

I have more updating, but I need to attend to my daughter, and make sure my son is behaving himself. :-)

oh forgot to add that a very nice person at church was at a concert and picked up this wonderful music book by the artist that performed...piano music, moderate- difficult...yep, some is difficult , but only for me b/c of my small hands. I always have struggled reaching an octavein my right hand. It stinks. And then those runs, woaahhh....kind of tough with my pain and small fingers/hands, but somehow I get through. So, what a wonderful day at church..besides lifting my spirits. I was honestly very depressed for a few days past, and thankfully, that has cleared.

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 6 years. Glad you had a good time out. I hope Ella is feeling better soon!

HennHouse said...

Happy anniversary!

Sam said...

Congrats on six years. Happy anniversary.