Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's 7:30 pm

and all is well.

Richie went to the Dulcimore music practice here in town...so he took his NEW mandolin he got. He sold his other one and in turn, bought this JBovier, or something like that! LOL! It's quite nice. He says it plays like a $1200 mandolin. And it was NOT that much! NO way.

So, he is having some good times. My kids are bathed, had their snack, and are enjoying Tom and Jerry cartoons- their new fav. I never was into these cartoons growing up, but I actually laugh at them NOW. Maybe because my own children laugh at them! We just watched Tom play the piano, and Jerry annoy him. Makes me want to go play the piano, as long as there is no mouse around....

Anyways, a big HUGE difference in the timeline of going to bed and in bed from last night...whew....that was for sure talked about. Let's just say mommy was not that happy about what time the kids were in bed. Which was NOT when I got home at around 10 from seeing my friend Beth at THE ENCORE cafe!!!!! And that brings me to my NEXT subject...

I love chai tea, and their chai tea latte was the very best. I am in love....

Can't wait to go back and have strictly that and dessert. I splurged a bit last night and had a great salad, turnover (this was darn sinful), and my latte. Yummy. Rich and I are due for a date, so maybe this weekend...hmmm...

I watched Gone With The Wind last night when I got home, well, 2 hours of it, which was a lot. I was literally glued to my seat. I love that movie, and for some reason, it just took my mind somewhere that I needed to go...and remember, and dream. I really enjoyed that two hours.

I have to go downstairs and dig out my Scarlett sequel. I know it's somewhere....I got that book at one of Columbiana's Libray Book Sales a LOOONNGGGG time ago, when it was held in a small church downtown.

Oh, forgot to say I can't wait until the The Encore's neighboring theater reopens. The cafe is to be open LATE, and I think that is fantastic. Just wonderful! The names on the menu for the food were quite clever..all relating to the cinema. Very cool.

Well, time to go get the kids' teeth brushed. And then AMERICAN IDOL!!!!! I can't WAIT to just sit and have time by myself people. BY MY SELF!!! It may not last that long, in truth, but will be nice. It's nice to have time by yourself in your own home. For me anyways. I don't like having to seek refuge elsewhere all the time.

I will probably scrapbook a page or two. I love Studio Calico kits. My husband is sooooo sweet. He says to me, "I am glad you have something like this to look forward to each month. But the wait stinks!" Yes, the wait is not fun, but it is WORTH it. Definitely. And my ebaying so far, as it seems with auctions not yet complete, will provide my kits-worth for me this month. Yeah!

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

I'm highly jealous that you guys went to the Encore cafe without me;-(

Sweet Peripety said...

hey be there or be square..sometime, i mean, uhhh be there when uh, i am there...so you won't be a square LOL i'm game for anytime, Kimmy!

Sam said...

Mmmmmmmmm, Chai tea latte, also my favorite. And yes they make a good one there. But I may be biased.