Philip and I went to a used book sale today and got lots of books (all within 10 cents to 1.00 but more of the 10 cent-30 cent range!!)..and I found the book I actually WENT to find: Morris Goes To School.
Anyone remember that from yesteryears (or, well, 20 years ago or so, elementary aged). It was my fav as a little reader. About a moose who, yeah, goes to school! I wanted it soooooooooo bad and it was there! Go figure!!
Tried to leave, I guess they wanted me to stay and buy more books.
My car wouldn't start.
Some elderly gentlemen helped get it started...but praying that it won't be much to get a new battery or whatever. AND I did NOT leave my lights on. LOL!
Anywhoo....we're home now, picked up Ella a little late, but it's alright.
This was neat. It's neat to find out how things in your life affect other people.
I was talking with a lady at the small group of women that meet on Wednesdays, from the Gate. We connected the dots, so to speak, as we know each other and family from Old North. Alrighty here's the neat story:
When I was a senior, I visited Asbury College in KY and actually did get accepted for Piano Performance. One of the recruiters came up to Old North to give a little talk about the college to the youth group. This lady from the small group had a son that ended up being interested. We both and the recruiter had lunch together..but here's the thing. I ended up NOT going to Asbury but HE did! AND, he met his future wife there. I thought, wow....that was really exciting to hear...my life was going one way but turned out to really point someone else that direction. And I stayed home for college. And met my guy via Beth, Mike, Kimmy and Kevin, kinda all in that order. Alright. So there you go...God works in all ways.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
SCORE!
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 3:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
You are so cute!
You made me smile just reading your post!
I love ya!
BTW...I have clothes for you, whenever your are up to having them we'll get together. ;0)
Hiya...great story...God works in mysterious ways sometimes...AND I LOVE MORRIS stories...
LTTS
Post a Comment