so that is why I have very minimal blog entries. I probably won't go into a "book" about the past weekend, but here's a quick rundown.
Went to the new theater and saw Breakfast At Tiffany's with my husband. Beforehand there were many desserts to sample. I hadn't been a cheesecake for a long time. But, after THAT cheesecake, I'm BACK! It was a superb date with my sweetie. I really had wanted a special day for ME on Mother's Day. We usually go to both parents' houses, but this time stopped in at my mom's for a wonderful meal, and also to have the kids stay there while on our date.
Saturday though, was Philip's small party to celebrate him turning 3. It was small. Just a few of his little friends, but I really couldn't handle the thought of an official party. The only activity planned was the Thomas pinata. Wouldn't you know it, it was a "string" pulling one, and Ella got the string to open the pinata. AND the string was the LAST one, of all things! Pretty funny! I was kinda worried it wasn't even going to work! But it did!
Hoping for a mellow weekend, too. Last Sunday we attended my parents' church because I was needed to fill in for my mom on the piano, while she interpreted for someone that had attended. I need to ask them about this week. ;-)
I stalled out on furniture shopping. Maybe next week if I have some energy. I think we'll order our new couch first and then maybe wait on the dining room table set. Maybe. We really need to replace those items. Badly. It will be so nice to have some new furniture!
******I reread my post just now I saw something I wrote that is pretty funny- on my behalf- and I won't correct it but will just say I needed to add the word "fan" after the word "cheesecake."
;-)
Friday, May 16, 2008
I have been so tired as of late
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 7:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
Hi there! Thanks so much for your nice comments. You should check out www.faithsisters.com and www.scrapoffaith.com We have lots of scripture challenges.
Oh wow! I just read your other post. Yes, I was born and raised in Akron, OH. Small, small world.
Good morning Amy
It is early so I won't call till
later. On the chance that you may be checking in on the blog...YES..
we need you tomorrow at the chapel!
I will interpret again...so if you are free of responsibity at the Gate and are willing, it would be so appreciated.
Let me know.
Mom
Ps I'm praying for sunny weather to give us all a lift!
Praying for you, Amy. For just the right amount of energy you need to be everything you need to be and a tiny bit of cheesecake, too.
((HUGS))
you're such a cheesecake :)
glad you had a good mother's day!
Post a Comment