Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Announcements

There's definitely some today, and one VERY important!!!

Announcements Announcements, An-ow-ence-ments.

(Anyways, only a few people will know why I just wrote Announcements three times like that! Just the good old days when I was a little girl at church!!)

First thing, I'm going back to a little bit of couponing. Since we eat brand name Cheerios, natural peanut butter, and Smart Balance spread/butter, I know there are usually coupons available for these. Sooooo, I am NOT doing the Grocery Game, where you get so sucked in to that it's on your brain 24/7, but I am just going to get 2 papers every Sunday. JUST 2. I don't want to spend more than approximately $4/week on papers. The off brands of cereal at WalMart have been extinct lately, and I am thinking that it may be permanently, which is really upsetting.

Second thing, Martha Stewart craft/scrapbooking supplies are sold at WalMart now, and I hope ours will get those soon. They clearanced TONS of things, and has one half of an aisle EMPTY. I think it's just waiting to be filled!

Third, it was hot today.

Fourth thing, it was hot today.

AND, it's a busy week, AND weekend, so I have to give on something, but having a hard time knowing with WHAT.

Okay, the BEST news today, and some of the best news of my "anyday" is that we are having a BOY! Little Ella girl cried, she wanted a sister. I had to giver her lots of hugs today. Buddy is thrilled, and I am really looking forward to seeing how they play and interact, these brothers. Now, I get to get rid of lots of great girl clothes on Ebay, so I need to start cracking on that! It'll be a lot of work, trust me, we have lots of girl clothes!

There's another neat thing from today, because Ella had to meet with her preschool teacher to help Miss Meledy with a class she is taking this summer. I stayed at the table at the library while they went through worksheets. Miss Meledy didn't guide her too much or help her get "right" answers. With everything, maybe 8 worksheets, she got a good half, and more, of the things correct. I found out when we were done that those were all Kindergarten and FIRST GRADE skills. So, Ella did really well, and that made me happy and proud. Ella also got three Handel's coins for a free single scoop each coin. I am really going to let her just keep those for herself. It was a tough morning for her, and she was so good to let Miss Meledy test her. What a special little girl!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a day!!! and we are excited about another boy... Ella is a natural big sister....hope to see some "sprinkler pictures" before too long.


LTTS

Kimmy said...

Yay! I am so excited for you;-)

Teri said...

Congratulations to Amy and Rich!

Sam said...

Congratulations to both you and Rich. BTW, Sam makes a really good name for a boy. Just throwing that out there.

Kristii said...

Congrats!!! I am soooo happy for you!!

diana albright said...

what a busy day!!! congrats on the baby boy... Ella, I'm sure, will just love him and forget all about crying over not getting a baby sister. It's good to stay busy, Amy, but make sure you're also getting your rest! Thanks for the comment on my post today, and I am thinking of you too. XOXO

AnnaMarie said...

Congrats on the boy - so much fun! Boys love their mommies!! :)

Helsbells said...

Mine's a boy too - a good excuse to buy boy stash!!

HennHouse said...

Congrats on the boy!!