Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Next week, maybe?




The first dinette is the one I would love for our home, and the good thing is, Rich likes it too! I am betting we'll order by next week. I can't wait any longer for this. It is longer, with two drop leaves on each side. We'd keep 2 chairs and the bench in the DR always, and store the other 2 until company comes. That bench could seat 3 or 4 kids, so I think that would be really handy. The second photogaph is of one that Rich really liked but in all honesty would not be one that people would just like to sit at for awhile. It's the countertop height and we don't think that would end up being real practical. The set I like would be great for scrapbooking LOL. Also, it has a nice shelf and drawer at the base. So, we went as a family to look at furniture. Probably will wait on the couch a bit, but not too long. I am not set on that quite yet. Neither is he. I mean, I know which one I would like, but just thinking of maybe getting through the summer with the kids beating up the couch we already have a bit longer.

The sun drained me today, even being out there for such a little time. We met with a friend and her two kids from our old church for lunch today, b/c Ella really missed her friend, Natalie. I think there is a sleepover in the works, so that will really brighten Ella's day, or week, or MONTH rather!

Last night we also had a late night McDonalds icecream trip. YUM.

My energy disappeared for the remander of the day. Hoping for it to reappear so I can get some cleaning done that I need to get done by Friday. We are going to stick around here all day on the 4th, and have my grandparents and a friend(s) of ours we don't see together that often. The fireworks are always clearly displayed right from our backyard, or deck. We get to stay home to see that wonderful display! I like that. No more trying to get parking and sitting for hours on the ground. My parents are going to Gettysburg for the reinactment, and we'll miss them this holiday, but know that it will be a wonderful time for them as well.

The van is home, and we are enjoying it immensly. Part of the reason we made some trips last night. I really like driving it, though I am still getting used to parking it with room equal on both sides! HA! WHAT A TRUE BLESSING this is!!!!

While I took the car for it's official post buy inspection, which was also taken care of by our (anonymous for all of you) donors, I had forgotten to bring a book in to read but had my journal instead, and wrote 3 devotionals ( none of which are up yet). But, I was really excited about accomplishing that because it has been so long since I had written anything. I need to touch up some verses and then hopefully will feel like I can share.

Tonight, Rich brought me another piece for my Willow Tree collection. The awaiting mom-to-be. He really thought he had gotten that one for me before, but when I said he hadn't this past week, when we had seen them in a store, he said he'll get it for me. And he did. He was so sweet. I love it. So does Buddy. He wanted to put it on the piano for me, but I am oh so cautious about those figurines! I think that makes #9 for me (maybe 10, but I am not sure). I do hope (very badly) that I can get a mom and baby girl one or mom and little girl, and then there's another one with mom and little boy (I have 2 of these, but I know there's another I don't have), and MAYBE that little girl one could be in November. But we don't know yet. Really, we don't know yet. 6 more days and then the next ultrasound! I am trying not to wish away the week too much. Next week will be a nice busy week, and I don't want to rush things in my head right now. I am really just so tired, which is like I said before, due to the heat. If you ever visit, don't expect much! HA!

7 comments:

Kimmy said...

They are both nice, but I love the first set. Beautiful! It will look very nice in your home.

Anonymous said...

I love that Dinette! Can't wait to see how it looks in your home! and counting down with you until the next ultra sounds! can't wait to hear the news!

Blessings!

HennHouse said...

I love the first one, too!! I hope you get it!!

Kristii said...

I think you are right about the first one-they are both beautiful though! Wishing you the best!

Steph said...

oooh, that dinette is fantastic!!

vtpuggirl said...

I love love the first one, where do you get that gorgeous thing? Have a great 4th!

liz mataraza said...

me love McDonald's cones. YUM!

absolutely gorgeous tables, either set! wish you the best with your purchase!