Saturday, August 30, 2008

What a great daddy

Rich is such a great daddy. He has really taken the extra time lately to go out of his way to play with his Ella and Buddy. Actually, he spoils them just a bit, I think. He had to leave with a friend to go to the big fair's Tractor Pull event, and the kids CRIED their eyes out at the window as they left. I think Ella is having a bit of a harder time anyways because of school.

Yes, she managed to go Friday. Not a real positive day for her. Nor for me. I cried so much that day, after I dropped her off, and later in the evening. There are some things that really bother me, Rich too, and I really wish we could let her go to a local Christian school. It's impossible for us to handle the tuition. That makes me so sad. I would go clean floors with a toothbrush so she could go there to school. ***TEARS****

So, think about Ella and her mommy if you can, and pray for this transition. And, pray for provision, either way. For her to find a friend, like her teacher, like to eat lunch in a room that hurts her ears for the noise, and a playground playmate so she won't have to play alone and cry by herself...or, for a big ole money tree in our backyard. My brother was so sweet to call both Thursday and Friday to see how Ella's first day of Kindergarten went. His daughter is going to the Christian school, and loves it. With 10-13 students in her class, who wouldn't like that less chaotic atmosphere. Then, thankfully for me that night, I know he passed on word from my very tearful conversation with him to my mom, so she would be in the know about the day. I did NOT want to talk about it, for even when writing about it I get upset and it breaks my heart. My mom and I are going to the Olive Garden after our church services, just her and I. I am really glad we can do this. My dad is at a Civil War thing this weekend, so it'll be nice to give my mom some company.

Beyond that, I have had nausea again and headaches. My leg is FINE but still hurts. It's been a tough week for trying to manage change and stress.

I did manage to organize all of Philip's toys into FIFTEEN bins. WHEW. That was a workout. Blocks, cars, dinosaurs, trains, tracks, tools, stuffed animals, bugs, books, bigger blocks, bigger cars, planes, helicopters...aiyiyi. So glad it is better for him to see all his toys and they are not all crammed into 2 huge bins.

Monday is our annual tradition of attending the Great Trail Festival. That is our only Labor Day event LOL. I guess we were party poopers or something this year. My dad and all of us here at the Russell household will go. It's great for the kids (i.e. pony rides), music, dancing, bagpipes, to see Native American and settlers history, and we love the flag raising ceremony in the morning. Also, good food. I love the kettle popcorn and the lemon shakes AND the roasted/cinnamon almonds. Will make up for missing the fair this week.

4 comments:

kimw said...

You all are in my prayers, and I'll pray a special one for little Ella. Big changes for one so young.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so sorry about Ella's schooling issues. I am sure it was a tough week all around. I have been and will continue to be praying for you guys.

You mentioned you would be going to the fair on Thursday. We will be too. Will you being going to watch the parade? If so maybe we could all watch together? Or meet up somewhere to "catch up".

I love ya and miss ya. Maybe we can get together, like REAL soon?!!

Susan Beth said...

It breaks my heart that the school issues are what you describe. I am such a problem solver by nature and want with all my heart to make a way for you to get her in that Christian school. My son is at a Christian school, and our reasoning is that we don't think the kind of loud chaios you described would do him any good, and it certainly would not promote learning for him. I know some kids make it just fine, but our son, while not special needs, is one who will sink to the lowest common denominator if not given guidence (actually, as he is growing and maturing that is less of a concern). I want Ella to like school, enjoy learning. Instead of listing all the "options" I would love to have available for you, let me just assure you that I am saying a prayer for the right combination of things to happen to enrich Ella's life in just the perfect way, and for her momma to have peace as God provides!

Kristii said...

Hope you had a great Labor Day! I am thinking about you and your sweet little one!!! May the Peace of God which transcends all understand guard your heart and mind and may He comfort you and Ella during this transition period! We homeschooled our kids in their early years so we didn't have those issues. My heart breaks for you and I trust that the Lord will carry you and Ella through!!