Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Good afternoon with a novel giveaway!

It has been a fairly busy day already.....post office, phone calls, and picking up our tax paperwork. I am READY for spring, and this sunshine is really making it hard not to think of it! I am working on putting scrapbook pages in albums...did you know, haha, that I had completed 50 some scrapbook pages from just this past December until the beginning of February- FIFTY! I don't think I usually have that many done in a single year! I think it must have been that my mojo came back after having Will David. Anyways, with that project, it has caused me to realize I need more albums already! I have been doing great at demolishing the Studio Calico kits I have, too. I created 6 pages yesterday...mostly of all new photographs. Days like these make me want to pull my camera out again, so I probably should, I guess!


Last night Ella had Girl Scouts, and she came home telling me she needs scones to take for Thinking Day on Thursday. I can't at the moment remember what that is all about. LOL! I only made scones once before...they were walnut and pepper ones. I used a Victoria magazine recipe, I think. No, wait....it was a tea book from Victoria magazine. Speaking of which, I really miss my subscription to it...

Sunday we attended First Friends again. I really enjoy the services there. It is SO SUPER CLOSE to our house. When it's a bit warmer out, could actually WALK there! I took the kids to AWANA on Wednesday, and they had fun. I joined choir already, since the practice is during the AWANA program, too. The Easter Cantata is really amazing...can't wait!


Rich and I are playing for our old church, in New Springfield, on Sunday night. It's their music night, and we were asked to play something. Not sure what yet! LOL! We really should get that figured out! I am really excited to be seeing those people that we really miss. It should be a good, good evening.

Anyone else still eating too much chocolate after Valentine's Day? I am! I need to stop...and really try to get rid of this post baby weight. Grrrrr...... I did walk on the treadmill yesterday, and if you know who would take a nap already I'd do it again before picking Ella up at school. I LOVE using the exercise ball for stomach crunches. Will have to get back into that again. I think getting my thyroid checked will help with this goal, too. I HOPE, at least!

My mom gave her grandchildren just delightful goodies for Valentine's Day...including the 101 Dalmations movie to Ella. That is the theme of Ella's upcoming 6th birthday party in 2 and a half months, hehe! Philip was given some Cars cars he does not have. He is TOTALLY into cars these days!

Sunday Rich and I went on a date, and it was a short date, but a good one. We went in the opposite direction that we usually would go, to eat. It was a lot quicker and not as busy..which was a nice break from the usual concentrated traffic. It is SO special these days to get times apart like that....far and few between!


Well, here is the giveaway I have for you all. Leave a comment either way- if you want to be in the giveaway or not. If you DO want to be entered, comment about that. HA! I really enjoyed this book- I am all about historical fiction. It says in this review it is fast paced, but it is not exhausting-fast-paced. I will draw a name Friday night. If you don't win, but would like a copy, you can purchase this book here!




Outlaw Martial
by Al and JoAnna Lacy





A good deed grants outlaw Whipley Langford early release from prison and a friendship with Chief U.S. Marshal John Brockman. Another good deed gets Whip framed for murder and looking at life through a hangman’s noose. John arrives just in time to reveal the true murderers and lead Whip to Christ.

A new man and a fast draw, Whip becomes Brockman’s deputy. Life is still fast and dangerous, and there’s a pretty lady Whip would like to get to know better too. Before he admits his love, Whip is shot in a bank robbery. Survival looks slim until he awakens to hear his lady confess her love. Weeks later, they are married.

Readers who are familiar with the Journeys of the Stranger and Angel of Mercy series reunite with well-loved characters John and Breanna Brockman. Western history buffs will enjoy a wholesome, fast-paced story where the Gospel is presented clearly.


About The Authors:
Al Lacy is an evangelist and author of more than one hundred historical and western novels, including the Journeys of the Stranger, Angel of Mercy, and Mail Order Bride series, with more than three million books in print. JoAnna Lacy, Al’s wife and longtime collaborator, is a retired nurse. The Lacys have been married over forty years and live in the Colorado Rockies.

2 comments:

Susan Beth said...

Wow! 50, huh! I'm impressed and envious!

Anonymous said...

Well, what a journey! Thanks for sharing the walk and the heart...
May this be a day of blessing and vision.

LTTS