Friday, May 08, 2009

Life has been full

but busy. We have officially started Ella's T Ball game season! Tonight is another game, at 4:30, and I'm wondering how it will work as it looks like rain today! I have to take both boys with me....Rich will still be working and then has to go play at the Encore Cafe tonight! I am excited for his music thing tonight- it involves the Civil War group he is in, along with my dad. I am not sure if we'll attend- along with probably being tired after Ella's game, I have been suffering lately from my fibromyalgia. I do have a chiropractor's appointment for next week (Rich has off next week, and there are a myraid of appointments because I took advantage of that fact!) to help with my neck and shoulder/back pain. Ugh. A few weeks ago I had pain on the other side! I have "lost" a few days here and there because of the discomfort...oh..and because Monday I had my sister in law come over to hang the "expressions" I had ordered from Uppercase Living! While she was here she also helped me reorganize/decorate Ella's room. I LOVE the "wall vinyls" I ordered...in the "dining area" above our sliding doors is this: Share faith, offer prayer, gather hope.

Isn't that cool? I LOVE that! Also, the kids have their names on their doors now! My favorite is the branch and bird house above Ella's headboard. Lisa was a gem to help me fix Ella's room..wait..who am I kidding? She did more than help! LOL!

On the wall above Philip's bed (which will be a shared room eventually with the baby) is "Thank Heaven For Little Boys," with a few stars, too. The stars coordinate with Philip's "star" quilt! I had wanted to put another thing in there but we decided it would look better on Ella's wall. I wish I had been able to use this expression: You are a DREAM come true...it is a baby one, with a little birdie pictured with it, too. There just wasn't the "proper" place to place it. Oh well...

I have an idea of what I would like to put in our bedroom and also in the living room...hopefully to get those soon. I had lucked out with my order this time though because it was "buy one get one free!" I would like to put up this beside our bed (and the pack and play LOL)..."Always Remember To Kiss Me Goodnight."

For the living room, I have an idea that would use a single BIG canvas or several smaller ones. I suppose now I have the project of taking the "perfect picture" for the job! I would LOVE to have an oversized canvas- I think it would add a lot to our home!

It was a blessing to get some new things in the house this week...I have been dealing with some internal frustration with not mentally being able to rid up as much like usual. It was such a help to have Lisa WANT to do Ella's room...it's her creative outlet, just like mine is scrapbooking and phtoography. I could see the joy in her eyes as she put her special touches here and there.

Just to let my blog readers know- Ella's room is the smallest and probably has the most stuff. I took downstairs THREE garbage bags full of toys, etc. that we could put away for now. I am sure there is a bunch of stuff to be taken away to Goodwill, or whatever, but for now, that is all I had the energy for. Her room has the least amount of toys it has ever had in it! This will make it so much easier for her to play with her things...she was literally beside herself when we surprised her with her room! Talk about being giddy!


We are ALL quite giddy about this- we are going as a family to the Carlisle Inn Sunday through Monday! Ella will have to miss one day of school. Rich has off the entire next week too. The kids are so excited...the love hotels. I love this particular one because there is a beautiful baby grand piano to play at your leisure! I am sure to bring my music with me....and scrapbooking, too.

Oh, really quick back to T Ball. Ella looks so cute out there in the field. I am so proud of her. A funny thing though- she is like the other kids in that sometimes she just doesn't pay too much attention.....it made me laugh, I shouldn't, but it did! Oh- and if you never saw a bunch of little little kids play T Ball, you should come see a game sometime. Honestly...wishing I could play T Ball! No one gets out and you get to run from first to second to third and home with each consecutive batter! LOL! Every single time! Talk about building self-esteem!

I have company arriving shortly, so I have stop blogging. A shame, as I just got on a roll here! I sure hope I can be productive with scrapbooking this weekend, and with photograpy, so I have some new things to share.

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

jen said...

i can't wait for the photos!

Anonymous said...

all right...go for the good times....LTTS