that has helped me understand myself as a mother a bit better. And appreciate where I am at, spiritually and emotionally. There is a homeschooling chapter that included this particular verse, from The Message (modern vernacular version)....it reminded her that God is in ALL parts of her life...
"Remember your history, your long and rich history.
I am God, the only God you've had or ever will have-
incomparable, irreplaceable-
From the very beginning telling you what the ending will be,
All along letting you in on what is going to happen,
Assuring you, "I'll do exactly what I set out to do."
Isaiah 46:9-10
Her prayer was this, as she laid forth her daily desires, plans, shortcomings, etc...
"Okay, God, can you show up today in a big way? I need you. We need you."
...and continued to say that she needed His wesdom, patience, and guidance so she could train "tender hearts" and fill "young minds."
I see myself in these pages....wanting to show God to my children, and wanting to give them time, but seeing that God will probably end up teaching ME more than I teach them. Amazing.
So, if you are a mom, and possibly of ANY age, standing, etc., please pick up Blue Like Play Dough, by Trician Goyer. I love how she saw her life being transformed by God just as hands transform a ball of play dough. Prodded, poked, squeezed, kneaded, stretched...She ventures to discuss her relationships, with friends and her husband, what she expects of herself as a mom versus what she can do, and what she can do with God, and soooo much more. I feel like God has dropped a gem onto my lap just for me.
Just for me...you know, the other day, Friday actually, at the Indians game, I was taken aback over how many people fit into that stadium space. I must use this word again..Amazing. And after the game, as we were all leaving, I tried to pick just one face from the crowd....that was really difficult. We were all moving at a very fast pace. I had to concentrate on where Ella was. I had to follow my dad.
How does God do it? I know He is there for all...and I am...wait for it, wait for it...Amazed. I couldn't do it. Glad I don't have to. Glad that He has given me what I can handle and is here with me each and every single day. What a blessing. May I try to show that blessing to others....
Back to the topic of homeschooling....do you think God could give a mom such a desire to learn that it would inspire HER when she is picking out curriculum and planning out on her own what to teach her children...with a template of sorts, of course...but can this happen? Can I take joy in finding new things for my children, for my first grader to be in particular? Can I confess that I have missed learning and feel that this is God's way to bringing me back to a place I have missed so, so much? And in the process, teach my daughter, my son, and other son what they need to know to experience life at the fullest? I do...I do....I do......in my heart I do.
To end, some photographs of the fourth. 




Tuesday, July 07, 2009
I am reading this fantastic book...
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 10:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Well, what insightful words of encouragement and analogy re finding one face at the game! AND I love the "foot" picture!!!
LTTS
I appreciate your word, photographs, and spirit.
These photos are gorgeous!
Post a Comment