Thursday, October 29, 2009

Buddy-isms







This morning, as we got up after 9:30 ( I had a case of extreme insomnia so that is why the late morning hour..)....Philip got under the covers with me and the babe , and a second later asked me, "Mommy, did daddy lose a leg?" The kid thought the leg he was touching was daddy's, and since he was a work...well...I suppose he just left one here? Bwahaha! I guess he didn't think I HAD legs?!?!

Then, when we were out in the living room a little later- "Mommy, you and Ella forgot to get up. I was up before you and got myself all dressed." Funny....

And just a few days ago...while we were watching a show, a commercial came on advertising mascara...and then came a Buddy-ism that beats all.."Mommy, are those girl light-sabers?"

Yep. That's my boy!
And guess who we ended up being today for his preschool halloween party..he was giving me some grief over a couple costumes and a desperate momma went to WalMart and he went to school as Annakin Skywalker. He went from being a shepherd, to a scientist, sigh...and then that. Really was frustrating this year. I didn't want to buy a costume and then I did just that! Oh well, he was realllyyyy excited about using his light saber. At least it wasn't mascara! HA!
He had such a great time at the party this afternoon. It was great to see him interacting with his friends. And, my grandma did a marvelous job watching Ella and the baby while I went to see Philip's preschool costume parade and party. Thanks, Gram!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is such good stuff...how about writing that book? laughter is the best medicine...LOVED the pictures...some of your best...
LTTS