My recent scrapbooking magazine had an article about colors. It was very enlightening. I just have to comment!
First, I will state what my family members' favorite colors are.
Richard's favorite color is green.
Mine ARE browns and tans, and cream.
Ella loves yellow with a passion!
Philip, I think, loves orange. He really takes to anything orange, especially a few of his favorite outfits.
So, Green, according to this article, represents a balanced metabolic system.
Neutral colors are comforting, stable, prtective, and reliability...even going into sophistication, if they are darker.
Yellow is for self confidence and optimism.
Orange represents joy, more than any other color. Also, playfulness and stimulating.
Interestingly, these colors really fit our personalities. Green was my former favorite color..through high school and college. It change after having kids, which I am assuming, after reading this article, that I am not metabolically stable..and this is no suprise! On the otherhand, my husband is so level headed and even keeled, I think it is such an interesting match!
Ella is so energetic and loves life. She is a leader..yellow fits her perfectly.
Philip is an "old soul." He is comforting and very much a joyful child as well. But yes, playful. And sweet.
Other colors in a nutshell: red is fiery and bold; pastels/white are pure, clean, and innocent...and tender. Purple is associated with royalty and wisdom..and the angelic nature of children.
Friday, December 29, 2006
Color Wheel
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 8:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment