We had the Snyder families over at our house for breakfast Christmas morning. It was a wonderful time! Everyone pitched in with the food, so it was not stressful for me. What a yummy meal we had!
Then, Richard had to go off to work..a sad thing but we knew this was his holiday to work.
The kids and I then went over to the Simplican grandparents' house, where we proceeded to have more food and more gift opening..and the beloved coffee punch!
I will have to journal more about this wonderful day later, but so much happens on these special holidays, I need a quiet time to post.
Christmas Eve was a tender time...I enjoyed playing a classical style piano prelude at our church, and then truly enjoyed sitting with my husband and kids during the service. I decided not to play the piano during the service and it was fine with the other music people. Someone else was able to fill in, thankfully.
The most special thing for me was singing Silent Night, and having Ella right beside me, with her face sweetly looking at the lit candle I held..
Thank you, Lord, for such a wonderful and calm Christmas. It was truly a blessing. Last Christmas was not a delightful one, as some depression settled in fiercely on that day, but with many prayers, I believe, it was different this year.
Ohhh I forgot to mention our wonderful time with my brother and his family on Saturday. The girls (cousins) played and were having so much fun. Philip was a hit with his hair again. I will not cut those curls yet!
My mom had prepared a fine meal and we feasted like royalty!
Even Megan and Molly were there to join in on the Christmas celebration. They are such sweet girls. I wish we could see them more often.
Friday, December 29, 2006
Christmas at the Russells
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 9:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment