Friday, January 05, 2007

Melancholy Be Gone!

This day truly has beauty in it...contented children, a steady rain, husband's day off...our 5th anniversary...

But, for some reason, due to fibromyalgia pain and fatigue, there is a melancholy in my heart. I am anxious to go out on our date, tonight, too...

I think underneath this all, I have been thinking hard about my grandmother Duvall, who passed away earlier this year. Here is a poem she had written down, copied by someone anonymous, to my knowledge. My mom was able to salvage mostly only writings and clips of poetry and scripture from my grandmother's house, sad to say, due to the unkindly acts of keeping precious items from my grandmother's children. God used this clippings to heal my mother's hearts, and ours, especially after she put them together in a book and made copies for family members.

Here is one I would like to share...

IN HEAVEN WE"LL UNDERSTAND
notnow, but in the coming years
it may be in the Heavenly land
we'll read the meaning of our tears
some day, in Heaven we'll understand

we'll know why clouds instead of sun
were over many a cherished plan,
why smiles have ceased when just begun
some day, in Heaven we'll understand

then trust in God through all the days
fear not for He doth hold thy hand
but whilst you love, still sing and praise
some day in Heaven you'll understand

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Beautiful poem.

I hope you have a wonderful anniversary. Enjoy your date!

Elizabeth said...

Amy,
I was pleasently suprised to find your comment on my blog. Please forgive me in the delay in a return comment. I have had a diffcult week and haven't had much time at the computer. I was so happy to hear from you.
Your children are sooo beatiful. I can not believe at how big Ella has gotten. She looks so much like you!
It sounds as though you are all doing wonderful. Thanks so much much for the comment. I hope to hear from you agian!

Beth