Last night was the first parent teacher conference for Richard and I. We learned that our Ella is quite loved by her teacher and the other helpers. She behaves well, is polite, is a little girl in every way, and is very, very intelligent. They say she knows more than most children her age.
Miss Meledy, her teacher, is Ella's "best friend," and when I told Miss Meledy that is how Ella described her to my mother, she was so thrilled!
What a compliment it was to us for Miss M. to tell us we are doing something good and right with the way we are raising Ella...she comes to school so happy and is excited about everything. JOY is how you would descibe her nature at school.
I cannot tell you how happy that made me, a mom, feel..for this week was tough with Ella on occassion. We figured out that may be because she has so much she is processing in her head (because she is so smart) and doesn't know yet how to verbalize her feelings and all her thoughts.
Also, she knows her numbers well (she counts very high when she is here at home) and can write her name with no problem (she's been doing that for several months). Even at church, she is the same. She has been complimented on how well she writes her name and counts, and knows so many letters- how to identify them and write them. We are so proud and thankful for this little girl...even if she wasn't doing so well, we know that she would be enjoying herself and learning little by little, and we would continue to encourage her and be proud of her abilities.
On to other things...when I read, I read fast. I have always been a speed reader. I have tried not to, but still, it happens! So, yes, all the books I got from the library this week are read. The Last Sin Eater, The Scent of Water, a few other ones...oh, and just this morning, the first Mary Higgins Clark book I've ever read, suggested by a friend who likes to read the same Christian novels I do, called Daddy's Little Girl. It was pretty good. I'll have to look for more of her books. I honestly have to go in spurts or phases with going to the library. I cannot set a book down until I have read it, or at least half. I also am particular with what I read. I love Christian novels, and have been stuck on those for awhile. It's my only downtime for my brain...and I love a little romance in them. Not always..I like some authors that put in other elements, too.
Anyways, Saturday, Rich and I are going to see The Last Sin Eater and use our gift card we recieved at Christmas, for Applebee's.
I pray that the kids don't have colds that worsen the next few days. We HAVE to go to church as I am leading the praise and worksip and since we don't have our drummer or bass guitarist players that day, I need Rich there to play too!
Friday, February 16, 2007
Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 11:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment