Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Entertainment Contemplation

Sometimes, I have checked myself on what shows I watch on T.V. For instance, I used to really like ER and CSI. However, since children, I have not kept on with these for several reasons. I dislike the themes in ER and the in-depth and detailed scenes in CSI really bother me. That's not to say I don't watch them, just not frequently like I used to. And, I think that is okay. Maybe. Maybe I should NOT watch them. I am getting tired of what is on television. There are a couple of other shows that I am a little bit into but probably shouldn't be. Just this week, I realized that when I have summarized in my head what goes on in these shows, and movies, too, it makes it raw and real. I just don't like the facts anymore, and I don't think it would be pleasing to Him. I have had a hard time figuring out what is good entertainment. What should we be entertained with? I am not sure, but I honestly have a hard time with letting myself be entertained, or having fun sometimes. Just thinking out loud here!

2 comments:

Sam said...

Great topic. The verse, "...everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial," comes to mind. TV sucks so much time and so much brain energy, and you can't go wrong questioning the usefulness of such a sapping thing as TV. All can probably name a few people that could easily be characterized as addicted to it. Seems a bit sad doesn't it? Like I said, great topic.

Sweet Peripety said...

I didn't get to finish this before I wrote about those "medium" shows, too. I.E., The Ghost Whisperer...I liked watching that a few times, I was intrigued. Even though I don't agree with any of it,I watched it. That's how TV hooks you. We are not addicted to TV here, that's for sure. We have 4 stations to watch, that's all thankfully. We can't afford any more!