Sunday, March 11, 2007

He's a celebrity!

This morning we had the pleasure of listening to thewatkinsfamily at our church for the morning service. They had been to our church last year, and frankly, I think I missed it! So did Rich. Anyways, they are a gospel/bluegrass group, and lucky for us, we got to do the offertory before they performed. We did Nothing But the Blood, with Rich on the harmonica, and me just on piano. Well, halfway during the band's concert, they asked for the harmonica player to come up! I was probably more excited than Rich, I think! You could here the pleasure from our congregation as Rich walked up, nervously, I may add, to play something he never practiced before! But, like someone said later, musicians know musicians..They knew he could do it. So, along with the guitar, bass, and banjo, he played a wonderful harmonica! I was so completely proud. Rich even got a standing ovation from everyone!

They want to keep in touch, and may have some good input on this one guitar Rich has. It's a very old one of his grandfather's, that if he would put the money into to fix up, he could make good money from it. Anyways, the one guy may just buy it from him, run down as it is. Who knows.

The leader, or father of the group, talked to me about just encouraging your children with music. While we discussed that, he mentioned that only after 2 weeks of knowing each other, he and his wife got married. Wow! And after all these years (they have grown children, probably in their 30s?), they are still praising the Lord! What a testimony!

After church, we suprised Rich's sister, along with the rest of the family, with a "non-shower shower." She didn't want one, but we snuck in gifts, disguising the party as a birthday part for Rich's mom, and she WAS pleasantly suprised. Only 2 more weeks or so, and a beautiful little girl will join Aunt Christa, Uncle Joe, and big brother Jake! Yeah! Now, Ella and Sydney won't be so outnumbered with Jared, Jake, Noah, and Philip~ heehee!

0 comments: