I am going to raise my prices for doing photography, probably at the beginning of summer. I feel like now is the time to do that and the advertise, get my official license, etc.
If you think option one or two is better, please leave a comment!!!
Due to demographics, I am not going to go beyond $100 for a session fee. I have researched and MANY photographers do go beyond that, but I don't think that would do well here.
Option #1: Session fee of $50, includes time, one hour photoshoot, and post processing your digital pics, and online proof gallery.
Print costs (all luster coated, 8x10 and up on matt board for strength)
8 wallets $10
4x6 $8
5x7 $12
8x10 $20
11x14 $28
16x20 $35
Storyboards begin at $35
or
Option #2 $65 includes time, one hour photoshoot, time in digital darkroom, and online photo gallery
Prints:
8 Wallets $12
4x6 $10
5x7 $15
8x10 $22
11x14 $30
16x20 $38
Storyboards begin at $35
I am setting my sights high because of the type of photography I do, so these prices show something a bit different. I need to set my prices higher to begin with, because I don't want to be constantly raising them every year. I plan on advertising very well, and I have more confidence in my work now. So, if anyone has an opinion, please let me know.
Someone in Salem has session fees for $35, and sells a sheet of pics, varying in size) fo $7 each. There is no mention for sizes above 11x14's, either. BUT, I think she does those sheets herself, not from a professional photographer printing service. Also, she has a different style, too.
Monday, March 12, 2007
I need some help...
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 11:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
hmm..I'm gonna go with option one. but both sound good to me!
For the most part, option one sounds good, but I'd up the price on the larger prints. Not a lot, but for the two largest sizes, I'd use your pricing from option 2. Usually, prints this size are twice as much as you're charging, so I think that raising your price a few dollars won't price you out of the market.
Good suggestions. I thought maybe #1 would be better, so did Rich. Good idea about the larger prints. Thanks kimmy and kim!!!!!
Sorry to get in on this so late, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway b/c I like option 1 too.
Post a Comment