In two Sundays, my dad and my husband are participating in the Civil War reinactment that will be at Beaver Creek State Park. My dad was asked to be the preacher, and he, in turn, asked Rich to play the harmonica for music during the church service. I can't wait to see what costumes they put together.
Rich has been listening to a lot of music from that era. He has before, but he is concentrating hard on the feel of the songs.
I think this is a great opportunity...but, I am unsure if I'll go with the kids. I am tempted just to attend our own church so I have a place to drop kids off and won't have to run around the park chasing after two wild ones...
Well, they aren't wild, really. Miss Meledy told me today that Ella always listens and is so well behaved. I am so happy to hear about that!
I forgot to mention that Friday night, after 8 o'clock (which is really beyond the kids' betimes but that day was just weird anyways), I took the kids outside as a quick thought, while we were waiting for Rich to come back from his walk and for the pizza to cook (yes, we had that late of a meal).
So, as we were walking around the house, I noticed the lights were on in several rooms of the school. Thinking that just MAYBE we may see Miss M. there, we ventured over to the school.
In my slippers.
But, it was worth the trip, even forgetting I had slippers on. Ella got to see her teacher, Philip got to flirt, and mommy got to have a real nice conversation. Ella's teacher deals with vertigo, and migraines. So, we both really empathized with each other not able to completely "operate" on certain days. Miss M. has noticeably miss days of school. She is always missed. I hope and pray she will soon find the missing link in what she deals with and make it better.
I remember that we talked outside because of the nice, fair weather. How I WISH that this weather would make a turn for the better. It just adds to my difficulty with what I am dealing with lately. But, at least Philip had a few fun minutes to play in the puddles.
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
The Preacher and Musician
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 9:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment