Sunday, May 27, 2007

It's Almost There

I know it's there.

I have been praying for it.

I imagine it,

taste it,

feel it,

see it,

wish for it...

but it's like this unreachable cloud, and when I get there, my hand sinks through and I can't keep any of it.

Joy.

Funny thing is, the concept of "joy" is close to my dad's heart. I think that is why everyone thinks so very highly of him.

I just hope that the joy can be there soon...like it was before kids, not that I am blaming them, but it is a fact that hormones change in a flash.

On to better things..

Philip actually went on the potty twice today. It's a small succes because we have a long way to go. But Ella and I clapped so hard and long for him. He smiled.

I played "Shall we gather at the river" for the offertory today, wanting to play my original arrangment (that no one can identify the song, hardly, anyways HA) because I played it at my Grandpa Duvall's funeral a few weeks ago. My grandpa was honored with many other veterans at church today. He had some amazing words to speak later in the service.

Rich was at work, but he has the next 3 days off. Tomorrow is a chilling out day, then Tuesday night we are going on a date! Probably a movie and a simple place to eat in Salem. He got a free movie ticket for the theater in Salem, so that'll work!

Always trust a mother's intuition. Why? Since Philip had the rotavirus in the fall, he has woken up about 1 or 2 in the morning and promptly comes to my side to be scooped up and placed in between Rich and I. Well, since pediatricans don't really approve at that, and just about, well, a lot of people, too...I only told our doctor about that one time. What do they say? Fix the problem even if it means to get up 16 times during the night to do it. That's very unrealistic for me. With Fibromyalgia, if I get up constantly through the night, I am about worthless the next day..or week, really.

So, I prayed and prayed and prayed that Philip would just ease into staying in his own little bed on his own. I knew in my heart that I couldn't do what Dr.'s say. I need that extra time with him to cuddle and snuggle. They grow up too fast...especially now that..

Tadaaa...Philip slept the last three nights allll night long in his little bed. I am so proud of him. He still comes to see me when he gets up..around 7 or so, and that is fine by me. He's so sweet and warm to hold.

This all to say, MAMA KNOWS BEST! No doubt about it. I knew God would take care of us!

Something that does make me happy is finding great deals on gifts, and even things for us Russells. My friend, Katie, is always amazed b/c I pick up these things that are soooo cheap, for gifts later, and I ALWAYS use them. Actually, because of things I've found this week, I am done Christmas shopping except for Rich and his dad. It's not even June. Well, at least now we won't have to have a heart attack over where money for shopping for gifts would come from. I have been blessed with some extra money here and there and it has helped so much.

My favorite find this week, though, was for Ella. Just a gorgeous pair of leather, tall boots, that were $45, and I got them for $8, from Gymboree.

For Philip, a very fine and handsome blue and white striped seersucker blazer that was $30, and I got it for $5.

These darling pins for certain female members of the family, for under $3 each.

And a special special SPECIAL pen for another member of the family that I got for under $5.

American Girl doggy watches for neices/Ella for under $4 each!

Well, I could go on, but you get the idea.

My friend Katie is my lucky penny, I think, most of the time anyways! She commented that God knows the desires of my heart and he has blessed those. That was so sweet of her to say, and very uplifting! My friend, Tifany, too, is my other lucky penny. She actually helped me find the quilt I wanted, and it was clearanced. So, now Rich and I's bedroom is fixed up nice, a completely different look. (Philip's room got a ridding up too- finally- and it looks quite nice....I took bags of toys out of Ella's room after I was so irritated at them all. Toys still exist upstairs, that's for sure, but now there are more downstairs that need sorted, organized, and some given away..all for another day...).

2 comments:

Sam said...

Strange, I didn't see my name or my gift listed on the deals you got. Oh well, I'm sure you're still shopping for that perfect gift for me. I can wait.

:-)

Kimmy said...

Yeah, I didn't see my name either;-)

I am SO jealous that you're done shopping. That's awesome! I think I'm inspired to try to get some Christmas shopping done this summer. Thanks Amy!