That's what my daughter told me early this morning as we took a walk by ourselves in the woods, the trail down and then across the street.
She pointed to a line of half a dozen or so of fuzzy weeds, and said in her excited little voice...
"Mommy, look at all the wishes."
It was such a sweet thing to say, all child, all imagination, all real, all truth at the same time. I wish I had her heart.
But something struck me again about these dandelion wishes, later on the trail.
Ella plucked a smaller dandelion and then, POOF!
"Hey, my wish left!"
I said, without thinking, "God wished this one for you."
Her little fuzzies had left the stem before she could wish, but I like to think now that those fuzzies left because God was with us while we walked, and spoke to me through that moment.
What a wonderful thought.
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Look at all the wishes
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 9:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Awww... what a sweet story! I just love it when my kids give me openings like that to talk about God. I should work Him into conversation more often than I do though.
Post a Comment