Monday, May 07, 2007

Old Tyme



Rich had so much fun playing his harmonica for the Civil War reinactment. I missed it, but everyone forgave me. :-) Rich said my dad looked like Sir Toppemhat, with his hat, of course, and overcoat. And, they are being "recruited" for more in the future. I am so glad Rich was finally comfortable with his outfit.

He was worse than me getting ready for anything.

We finally went to Goodwill Saturday to find a different shirt and pair of pants. Something of the era...the shirt we found really worked and the pants, too.

While browsing there for his stuff, I found this wonderful straw hat, girls' size, that has a wide black ribbon wrapped around it and tied in a very perfect bow.

It said, "Photograph me." So I bought it. Can't wait to use it. I hope Ella cooperates with me. I imagine a tea party in a field, her in a white dress, and then the hat. Soon, I hope!

I was told there was a photographer at the park that had the old authentic camera and tripod of the era. That would've been a neat thing to see, but I missed it! Maybe next time, I'll go and bring my camera. I know I missed some great shots.

These two photos aren't perfect, but I just had to post them for my parents, too.
I am glad I don't have many photography shoots going on this month. We have grueling praise band practices Wednesdays and Fridays, most every week, to prepare for the all day CD recording session in the first of June. I am glad we are doing this, but it's tough on young families. It's to be finished before our pastor retires so that he is included on it, with his fantastic guitar, and we can dedicate it to him.
This week is also another wedding...but I am playing piano at this one. It should be small, and not much pressure. But, still, I am the only musician/music being provided. I think I'll get some pictures anyways, while I am there, just for me. It will take place in a larger, beautiful park. Outdoors, in a gazebo. So, it is a busy week for us. But good busy.
I am excited about my mother's day present. I bought it myself. Blood Diamond. I really liked it...I saw it twice at home then the next day went with a friend to the movie theater to see it. Rich gets a little upset at me, in a teasing way, when I buy myself gifts for holidays, but I think it's best anyways. At least I get what I like!

1 comments:

Kimmy said...

Haha, you bought it! Good for you;-)