I have so many collections, Beth...but here are a few. I love to talk about some of them, so I thought I'd devote a whole post to collections.
For about 6 weeks now, I've collected coupons. I have hundreds. And I just threw away about 20 that expired. I have some more after Friday I can throw away. And then come Sunday, I bet I'll get a hundred more to cut out! LOL! I also, then, I guess, collect newspapers...just kidding...I throw those away. But I do have to buy several to get my coupons. And then even more sometimes. One week I spent $14 on papers. That makes up for this past Sunday when I didn't buy ANY b/c it was a no coupon insert weekend. Anyways..that's probably one of the most important collections now, since I am saving at least $100 a week(not that we spent $100 a week before couponing) on our grocery bill...that's just the amount that usually is totaled, on average, with my coupon savings and in store savings.....with so much more now in our cupboards and a stockpile. So yes, I think we spent like $250-350 on everything each month..food..diapers..household needs, etc. Now we spend less but have so much more. Yes..important new collections...Coupons...
My next biggest collection is scrapbooking items. Ahhhh. My friend, Jennifer, knows about this too. She is mainly a collector too these days ;-0 I do love to get the great clearanced scrapbooking/craft items. and then somedays, just take out the package and look at it. I am a nut, I know. I love to get it even though I probably won't use it for months...um...maybe even a year! I also LOVE to find embellishments, especially vintage ones. Buttons, ribbon, fabric, handkerchiefs, odds and ends of jewelry hardware....all that fun stuff.
Here's a couple of collections I used to collect: Boyds Bears and old, school, or antique books. I have tons of books...spellers, geography books, McGuffy Readers, dictionaries..just a lot. Also, before Philip I collected Boyds Bears, the stuffed ones. I won't ever get rid of what I have but I don't think I'll ask for anymore.
I do collect the Willow Tree figurines. I have 8 or 9 I think. I hope to get more in the future! Rich has been really good about this one.
I love scrapbooking magazines and books too. Even old ones.
Oh, and clothes for Ella. Yep. Definitely a collection there! LOL!
Well I need to go for now but I want to talk about other collections later!
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Collections
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 9:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment