Monday, December 24, 2007

BRinging BACk MeMORiEs

Awwww Ella sang so well last night. I admit though....I bribed her with a present!LOL! She did so well though, whether or not that was the main thing on her mind, motions and voice and all. She made us really proud. I cried so much watching her, it just touched my heart. I was sitting kind of behind the director, so she'd look right at me and smile and wink. Too cute. I think that helped too, indirectly being another director. I was reminded, during this Christmas play, of my own growing up, and also just singing in choir in general, or my old church choir, choir in high school, singing with girlfriends at church, handbell choir, and my favorite choir director ever, Dan. So, yes, tears were many, and I am just delighted she did so well for her first FULL Christmas play. Sunday morning I was told (I didn't go to church) she didn't sing during the special, well, as that was the 4 year old theme! In just a few hours we'll leave for the evening activities. I hope to set the table for the morning before I go, just right before. So, I have that out of the way. I STILL have a few gifts to wrap but Rich may have to do that! Then, whew..I am not even going to begin to think of how we are going to get these children off to bed tonight. We'll probably be at grams until 9 so we'll see. long evening coming up. Early morning, at 6 am for me. Then everyone's here at 8:30 (yikes!) and then we go to my mom and dad's in the afternoon, to see Bill, Lisa, Abigail, and CLIFFORD. YES! You read that right! Clifford will be there. Now, Rich never met Clifford yet, and I think that after he does he'll want to get a dog NOW. Clifford is a retriever, and is just fantastic with kids. Buddy loves him so much. I laugh because Abby treats him like a sibling, not a dog! CHuckle chuckle...my kids treat Kodak like a stuffed cat (not very well!) HA!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great time to be together and your words captured some of the fun that we had.
Love...LTTS