Friday, December 28, 2007

Morning til Night

on Christmas Day was truly wonderful (except when Philip pulled down the tree). We had extra special guests for the brunch at our house...everyone as usual plus my mom's brother and his wife. It was really nice. I got to decorate our house a bit more on Christmas Eve (well the daytime Christmas Eve) and even, get this, started and 1/2 way finished a really neat BELIEVE chipboard scrapbook album! It's coming together nicely. If I weren't too lazy I'd be pulling the pics off my camera but I have to admit, fibromyalgia has just got me this time around. I am still recouping. I have pics from Ella's school program yet to get off my camera too! Oh my goodness. I am sooo slow with that. Anyways, I loved my gifts..I felt very blessed. By my husband, even from Ella..my sister in law made me this equisite bag set and then my parents just overloaded my gift package too...and wow, is it surely appreciated. I did use part of my gift from them (a Joanns gift card---yeah!!!!!!!!) and picked up some items, a few things to help me with my Etsy shop and then a couple of magazines that are soooo inspiring I am absolutely jaw-dropping in awe of these artists. One is Home Companion. I have subscribed to this before, but find that just picking it up here and there, maybe with a 40% off coupon is a little cheaper than a subscription. The other, is Stampington and Company's Somerset Studio...this is a sister magazine to the one I am being published in (Life Images, should be out Jan1st, but the way!!). A lot of cool things in there! I have been so inspired and hope to get some energy again to craft like I want to. I am slightly behind on my Etsy schedule.

Today, My dad took me out to lunch. I loved this time. It was wonderful. We actually went to the new tea room I talked about earlier this month that Philip and I one day stumbled upon. It was a wonderful lunch and we discussed our Secret Project and was confirmed about it later in several ways....which was a wonderful thing as well. Dad and I used to have Father-Daughter dates, and I so appreciate the thoughtfulness he had for me today.

I had a little bit of time, also, with my friend Katie and her daughter Autumn. She's so adorable, and is always excited to see me (yes, this makes my heart very glad!). I can't think, though, that their time left in this area is running out. :-( Sniff Sniff.

I didn't get to the post office....I am sooo sorry Jen. I can't put it together to get there. I don't know why. There must be a reason. Maybe something else needs to be put in the package LOL!!!! You never know!

But, honestly, though there were many blessings of the day, I was emotional and wiped out. Not fun. Not at all. Spent many tears, and just didn't feel on top of things.

Luckily, the kids are settled down, and I found those "important" items earlier today. AND, I have an inspired mind. for me, that's great.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is(was) a great time...LTTS