Wednesday, December 12, 2007

This Day

Is special. My honey is home, but now he is out with his buddy, Joe. SO that's good, because he doesn't get out much like that. I am glad he has some time. The kids and I played scrabble this morning. And we didn't keep score. They so enjoyed that. We actually played real words, unlike last night, like Kevin and Kimmy (especially Kimmy) who thought that playing "Dog" would make her special and win the entire game. Too bad that I won...NOT....I had half her score I think...rolling on floor laughing soooo much my stomach hurts!!!! Oh, oops...Richie played "Dog", not Kimmy. I think he was holding back on us last night.

Today, I have to say that my grocery trip was extra special too! We had a gift card from Rich's work (they give it out to employees every year) and, including that, I had about a 65% savings! Lipton Vanilla Tea (usually over $2) was 90 cents (and I got 2 boxes!). I got 7 packages of free veggies, plus four more for $2 (I had lots of coupons that would make veggies 2/$1 but decided not to do that). Hm.....pizza roll boxes, 4 for .80 total. And some cookie mixes and frosting containers, 50 each. I could've gotten about 5 more cookie mixes, but we really don't make cookies too much, so I didn't use those. And cans of broth..just cheap! This savings was along with some couponed 4 cracker boxes and 4 cup in hand soups. And then basics like peanut butter (natural kind), sugar, apples, bananas, bread (2 loaves), and milk. $26.88. Very happy!

4 comments:

Kimmy said...

It was a pleasure beating, I mean playing you last night;-)

HennHouse said...

Amy: Again, you are a coupon rock star. Have you ever thought about buying (cheap) that extra stuff that you wouldn't typically use and donating it to a food pantry? Just a thought. The food pantries around here are VERY low on supplies this season.

Sweet Peripety said...

Karin...I've given some bags of my stockpile to a couple of families already...but if I see things that I don't use and are cheap, I'll start donating again! ;-) It's amazing..I've seen literally LINES pouring out of a couple of places that offer food pantry items. It really makes you think. That's why I am sooo thankful that I was directed to this type of shopping through a friend.

Sweet Peripety said...

Oh! I just realized YOU JUST commented that! LOL