This morning's church service was confirmation for me that I made the right decision. Rather, that I was smart enough, and willing enough, to see where God was leading me.
Not going into too much detail here, but photography, at this point, will be done for those that NEED it, and benefit from it....without any obligation to me, as a photographer, and I to them. Meaning- it's a willing part on my part to be in service to them as I feel so led. For instance, when I began photography, I practiced for some friends that had foster children. These photographs are not ones I can use in my portfolio. I can't show them to people. I can't post them. I can't print them and put in public album, etc. etc. One time, my friend invited siblings to one of the foster children over, and we had a nice, long photoshoot. It was probably the best photoshoot ever. Honestly. What sweeties these children were...how heartbreaking it is to know that there has been so much upheaval in their lives. I told my friend this morning, before the service, that I was going to get back into photography again, and she literally yelled "yes!" outloud. It was humbling to me to hear that. She had a huge smile on her face, and said just in time for the one year birthday...
God knows what he is doing.
I have another friend at church that truly cannot afford various things. They have one child who has some handicaps, and she stays at home. I took photos for them and gave them prints. Later I started to give them a cd, although they do not have a computer, so they could go wherever they wanted and not feel obligated to go where I go. I told her today the same thing I told my other friend, and she was thrilled. She asked what the price would be for a cd. I said Nothing, she said, with a sigh of relief, Thank you, and gave me a hug.
Again, very humbling.
There is a need....and I truly feel that God will lead people to me that would feel encouraged and uplifted with the candid style photography that HE has so bestowed upon me to love. Maybe for other foster children. Maybe there's another young family in the church that can't afford much. I am honestly very excited, and teary eyed as I write this. I feel a little bare as I am pouring my heart out. But, I guess that can be a good thing.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Well, confirmation time
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 10:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
This is so good! I believe that everything happens for a reason! This is just so awesome.
If I could say one thing to you about all this is would be to just enjoy the journey.
-Karla
Amy,
What awesome direction the Lord has given you! I can't wait to see
what opportunities God will give you. This purpose fits not only your gift of photography, but it also shows your heart of compassion
and service.
Okay, I just had to pop over to your blog after you commented me...and you brought me to tears! LOL! This is amazing. This is an exciting and humbling direction! Praise God for His goodness in showing you how to use your talents to bring glory to Him and to help others.
I really want to read more about this journey and what God reveals to you. Amazing! Talk to you later Amy!
There are not many joys greater than walking as a giver.
LTTS
"God knows what He is doing."
Well said. And so, so true.
Post a Comment