Monday, June 09, 2008

Been thinking of names....

I check out names whenever I'm reading something. I received my new Victoria magazine today, and in the reader's letters a name just popped out at me.

Annie.

Now, we don't know what we are having, and I am always one to get those girl names in my head faster than the boys (but anyways, the boy name is for sure picked out- Max (my mom's mother's name is Maxine)). Anywhoo....

I really love that name. And Rich did too! Middle name, JOY, after my grandmother (it was her middle name). I may have to squeeze in an Elizabeth for my other grandmother, as that is HER middle name.

But, having a baby Annie just sounds so sweet to me.

I turned the page of that Victoria and came across some wonderful information about an Anne of Green Gables fair/festival thing at Prince Edward Island, of course. Ahhh..what a neat thing to go to. We can't of course, but it sure looks like fun. Lots of great photographs to take, and opportunities! I loved the books growing up, and the movies. I think I still have a couple books from my childhood book collection that my mom lovingly stored in her attic for 20+ years. I also have all the antique books I collected, all my miniatures and dollhouses, and more books, such as Little House on the Prarie (all of them) and Mandy books, a Christian series for young girls that was in a historical setting.

My body hurt today, and I think I just wore the wrong shoes- thin flip flops. That was not very smart of me. Since 6 o'clock I've been in a daze of fatique and pain, and I am TRYING to accomplish somthing. Well, I guess I did- fed the kids their bedtime snack and got them both in bed sleeping around 8:30ish. Our friend, Joe, called and I chatted with him for awhile. HE has a gal he has been talking to and I am quite excited for him.

Rich and I completly bombed out with two movies we rented recently- Juno and some other one that I can't even think of the name. Had Christian Bale in it so thought it'd be good but just was not anything I was into. Juno...omigoodness. This is just my opinion, but don't watch it. I thought it was supposed to be good. The first ten minutes introduced the viewer with a bunch of imagery, especially, that I feel was vey negative. I was NOT going to waste my time watching it. I am sensitive to certain things...now, I can handle R rated movies, war stuff, etc....but some other things, no way. I don't even want to say what you would be shown. Just take my advice.

But, I did watch another Hallmark movie, the Valley of Light- about a wandering fisherman. Love story, a very sad part, but it was a wonderful film. There was a part I had the kids watch (since they are into fishing- well really they are into finding worms!!!). The fisherman and a boy who befriends him look for worms together. And they hold them up! EWW! LOL!

The kids had a blast tonight outside with their daddy. My sister in law, Jessica, picked up something at TRU for $5- a sand/water/play table thing. Has little boats, and a "dumper" truck (per Philip). There's a wheel you manually turn, and it makes the boats go round the edge of this toy. It is very neat! I hope my friend Katie and her little girl, Autumn, can come over again (they came over Friday), because I think Autumn would love it. She's about 20 months old. It was too cute when she played with Philip Friday. She kinda attached herself to him, probably because he was closer to her age, and voluntarily kept giving him hugs. He giggled quite a bit at that!

I am severely tired now, but this writing was relaxing to me tonight. I guess I usually don't go until too much detail. Nice for a change.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the name Annie. Annie Joy..
Annie Joybeth...mmm lots to play with. I admit Max would be tougher to work with!

Anyway, the teacher was just yesterday discussing Anne of Green Gables and I was thinking of how much you loved the series.

I will be thinking of and praying for you all today.

Love
Mom

liz mataraza said...

Annie is perfect. Elizabeth is my middle name and i got it from my grandmother; her first name was Dagmar (thank goodness i only got her middle name--i've never heard of anyone with that name!)

Owen was supposed to be Mary Elizabeth, after my two grandma's: Lauretta Mary and Dagmar Elizabeth.
but...it didn't work out that way!

i hope that your feet are feeling better!

vtpuggirl said...

I like Annie, it is very sweet sounding. Are you going to find out what you are having? Take it easy and rest.

Elisa said...

Annie Joy is sweet! I can picture her!

aimee said...

thank you for your comment. that was very nice to read. btw i love annie joy. it is so sweet. you don't hear it much these days. take it easy and put those feet up!

Sharie said...

What a sweet name you're thinking of! Sounds like life is busy for you these days, so I hope this weekend brings you some time to relax.