Friday, June 13, 2008

Little girl, ALL little girl still

Off to bed, but before I do, just a little pic from one of the hot days this week. This picture really shows me how LITTLE she still is.

We have a busy weekend ahead of us, and a busy day behind us. Mommy got some new duds for being more comfortable in this weather (meaning- sleeveless tops- YEAH!). Ella and Philip each got a new doggy from Build A Bear, husky and lab, respectively. Philip was so original when he named his doggy. Buddy. LOL. We call Philip BUDDY. So, thus, it's funny. I HAD to laugh when he told me the doggy's name.

At a cousin's graduation party, we saw Verity (yes Verity, THE precious daughter of two great people!), swing a baseball bat about 10 different times to try to crack open the pinata filled with the chocolate that Ella and Philip won't eat much of but will give to their wonderful mother. :-)

This week, noteworthy correspondance occured b/w me and a good friend. She's one of those friends who you know will talk to you even if you don't talk for months! One of these days I will link her site to my blog, but for the meantime, be praying for Anne Marie. She's going to Africa for teaching ESL. I LOVE this girl. She amazes me. She has gone through challenges like no one I know. She emits JOY like my dad does. She is so positive, fun loving, and extremely humble. I learn a lot from her.

When I was in Nashville for a short summer with World Relief, she was ALSO in Tennessee. One fine day, we met halfway b/w Memphis, I believe, and Nashville, for lunch at a Cracker Barrell. That was one of the highlights of my time there. It was great to see a friend soooo far away from home. And, she is not a novice of doing that. She's already been to Africa, and she's going again for two years. LOVE YOU ANNE MARIE!

And, looking at The Gate church website, I see that her dad will be a guest one Sunday this summer, in July, and I think that is fantastic.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi...what are those LITTLE girl eyes saying? Sounds like a fun da:) LTTS

liz mataraza said...

what a sweetie! your friend sounds wonderful. how fun...hmmm Anne Marie is a pretty name...

Elizabeth said...

Oh my! Philip looks so grown up in the picture of him by himself! Time goes by too quickly!

ricanlaw said...

gorgeous photos and what a gorgeous layout.