I have put a Civil War song list on my blog now. The first song was the main theme I believe from Ken Burns' Civil War documentary. Rich and I play this song whenever we play somewhere, more often than not. We have the piano arrangement, which is a beautiful backdrop for Rich on the harmonica or mandolin. Tuesday, at a local library, there will be a presentation, including playing, of Civil War music. We are planning to go, as well as Rich's banjo. I bet he'll be able to tag along musically quite easily. My dad is excited about going, too. They'll both be wearing appropriate attire. Dad's love of participating in the Civil War reenactments has truly rubbed off on my wonderful husband. I am so glad that both of these wonderful men in my life enjoy something like this so much.
Sunday, Rich and I split up with the kids to go to different churches. Philip and Rich sure had fun at my parents' church. My grandparents and my uncle also were there. A pancake breakfast every 3rd Sunday in the summer is held in the state park as well, and so thus, one of the main reasons the guys went there! I didn't mind going different places, as long as it isn't a habit. :-) Ella loves going to church, and to her class, and has made some new friends. I am very happy for her.
Rich's dad fried a turkey, made large potato fries, and also made ice cream for Father's Day. I thought this was terribly nice of him, especially since it was a day to celebrate dad's. All quite yummy. The kids love that whole process of making ice cream. They'll make raspberry flavored ice cream sooner or later. They have the berries for those I do believe, or at least will in their garden area. The other great berry news is that my grandma is making a strawberry pie for me us and bringing it over so I can have it all share.
Monday, June 16, 2008
To honor my dad and husband
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 11:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







9 comments:
The song is beautiful - a little haunting, but I liked it a lot. Glad your Father's Day was nice. When you get that strawberry pie...why not sneak it up to me? I'll let you have 2/3's and will only keep a third for myself. LOL!
Sounds like you had a fantastic Father's Day!!
Hello there,
ANd thanks for the Civil War tune. It always is one to generate some time for relection and honor.
Cannot wait until "Songs of the Civil Ware" at the Col. LIbrary, 6:30pm tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
LTTS
ha! love the part about the pie.
that song is/was my absolute favorite to play on the piano. i had a wonderful arrangement of it but i can't find it anywhere (probably b/c i don't have a piano!)
glad you had such a wonderful father's day.
You are so funny...and sweet!
I love ya Amy!
I miss ya too!
I just can't help it...you should have said the other berry great news...ha ha - I think I'm tired.
How's the pregnancy going? Is the third one as rough as I've heard people say? I think the 4th month is so hard because it's been forever and it's not quite 1/2 way over! Soon though...Take care!
My dad and husband would love to do something like that (CW reinactment)! Sounds like you had a great day.
found you by way of blog to blog, KWIM?
Wonderful reading posts you have here! REading about you looking for a girls name......
Gwendolyn Liz Joy would be beautiful. We have a Emma Gwen, the Gwen is after my DH mother and I went back and forth on names for her.......anyways good luck in your venture for the perfect girls name.
Love the civil war music. I could listen to that stuff all day.
Post a Comment