





So Wednesday I worked hard at trying to sort things out we don't need and packing away stuff that is in closets so it's not IN the closets so we have the stuff we DO use very nicely at hand. I overdid it, and my body is SORE. But not as bad as if I had decided to move furniture around, which I WON'T do, but really would like to, since I just have to wait for someone else to do it for me. Oh dear. Anyways, yes, I am really trying to just get rid of things we haven't used...I have some decorations that I should just throw out, but it's hard to do that, you know. I really should get rid of 2 tubs of things, but mentally freeing yourself from something you MAY use down the line is hard to do. My plan is, for this summer, to simplify our belongings, and get the basement to be organized and look decent for anyone to go down there. Oh, I know some of you feel my pain. *WINK*
Tuesday, I was painfully tired and didn't accomplish much at ALL! Except to make dinner. Monday, Rich was tired, and he actually called off from work. Good for him!!!!
Last night, I actually spent four hours, and more (due to someone in our group who left her lights on and we all decided to let everyone just guess who it was- Vanda, Kimmy, Beth, or me), talking with friends. It was a wonderful get together. I really needed that. They did too, I think. When I got to Applebee's I ended up ordering my old standby, the southwest chicken salad YUMMY, and then also the chocolate meltdown, or whatever it was called. I really could do that same thing tonight, but I MUST have some self control! These days food imagery is really strong for me, as I actually TASTE the food I crave. Very strange. And it makes it difficult for me to eat something other than what I am thinking about. So then I break down and just go get what I really want to eat! Rich is getting used to this routine now! Last week, let's see, I went to the Lazy Bean two days in a row (not spending much mind you) and got pizza or whatever at a another local place THREE different times! LOL! I would've gone today except I just didn't want to spend more money. We are going out to breakfast, at the airport cafe, of course, with my grandparents. My pie was delayed a bit, since my gram had some trouble with erratic heart beats earlier in the week, but she has one she wants to give me tonight. I really think she is so giving and such a strong person, even if not technically in the physical way, but just in the way she approaches life.
Tonight, I get to go to a Party Lite party and I hope to find something that I can get, even if for a gift for a family/friend at a later date. But, shhhh, don't tell Kimmy I am really coming just for the cheesecake. The whole buying bit, just to throw her off. :-)
The time today has just flown by. Because it was so dreary outside, I am glad the day went by quickly. I let the kids play outside a bit, and I have figured out what to do while they are outside, since I have to be outside with them always. I bring out 2 big boxes of stuff and start scrapbooking. It really works out quite nicely.
Oh I did forget to mention that Vacation Bible School through The Gate started yesterday morning. Every Wednesday morning, we are meeting at a house that is big enough to accommodate 30 kids or so, and a few adults. Ella and Philip did so well. I really appreciated all the time and effort that the leaders of VBS, and volunteers, put into it. The theme is about sports, or rather, the Olympics. Next week, they'll get their shirts back they painted on, etc. They say on the front, above a cross they made by putting paint over masking tape shaped into a cross and then removing that tape, "God's Team." Philip acted a bit shy at times, going underneath my shirt, which really wasn't flattering to me at times! I think he'll do a bit better next time. They ate "torches", too...ice cream cones with sherbet and dipped in red sprinkles. Everything was so well done. Can't wait for next week and the next and the next..
There's somethings going on inside my heart recently, and after I sort them out, I'll share. I really do believe that the whole simplicity thing is very important, and when you do that, and honestly, let God show you how to do that, He can use you in so many different ways then you would expect. My own health, emotionally and physically, has seem to determine quite a bit what we do as a family and participate in. It's the whole learning, and changing, process that takes time and diligence. So, the number one thing to do to be humble and listen, is to make sure there is daily quality time in devotions, and prayer, and just deciding to do it and DOING this will enrich your life in so many ways.
Some of my thoughts have taken me back to think of fond memories, and one of them being the photo lab where I had worked during high school and college, and shortly afterwards. The girls there were wonderful to work with. I just got an invitation to a reunion of sorts for us in July! I am very excited. VERY EXCITED! Yeah! The girl who is organizing this get together lives out of state, but her parents are nearby us, and we have known that family since I was very little. Anyways, it will be a wonderful time.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Trying to simplify things
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 4:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
VBS is great and my son loves going; we even take him to ones held at other churches. that doesn't bother me as the people are just genuinely decent and kind.
the layouts are amazing. the cinderella one is my fave.
wow! I'm super impressed at all those LOs you completed! I especially love the distressing
Goodness you had a lot to say!
Love the layouts! You got a lot done and they all look so fab!
...have had fun reading and looking and thinking...more after my return from the CW...LTTS
Beautiful layouts!! Love your work!!
Vanda's big craving while pregnant with Emma was the Big Mac. She made me go out and get one at midnight once because she was so desperate! She's never actually ditched the chocolate craving, though.
Thanks for those great pictures of the VBS. It's obviously a gift of yours.
Wow lots of fab layouts, you have been busy.
Post a Comment