Saturday, July 19, 2008

It is quiet here

Philip is sleeping. I am eating my new craving, cream cheese on bagel. Ella is still at a friend's house, where she stayed overnight last night. Philip and I had to go grocery shopping, at several stores. I had decided to no longer do our main grocery shopping at WalMart, and didn't. We went to Aldi's, Marc's, and did end up at WM but only because I couldn't find underwear for Philip. Which, by the way, was kind of a major purchase since we only had 3 pairs here, and this morning was only the 2nd potty training day. So, I picked up 3 packages. He got to choose two of the packages, and they were the "army" and also Thomas ones. I am determined to go out and about with those on him instead of the diaper route. I think that'll be the only way he'll "get" that this is for real. I have not let him wear a diaper unless, like today, we had no other alternative, and if he is going to fall asleep. I did not mind going to several stores today. At both of the "discount" grocery stores, there was a chashier that opened up for ME and had me come over and checkout. Talk about service. Walmart? Nope. My experience there on Friday was just not good, and after my great experiences elsewhere, it's time to pen my letter. And, I will do that this weekend. They need to know I totally skipped their convenient shopping experience because of quality customer service elsewhere, which I CANNOT seem to get at WM.
Last night, Rich and I were able to go on a date. We saw The Dark Knight. Excellent movie. I know I need to see it again (hopefully soon in the theater, actually) so I can "get" everything. The whole Heath Ledger part did not bother me, and I had thought originally it would, but really, I forgot that it was him as The Joker. I think Ledger's role was so good that you don't even realize or think about the actor. At least I didn't. Other parts DID bother me, but because it was sort of sad. I do hope that there is a third movie coming out. Compared to some of the other "epic" films, this is the BEST two so far, and I can't wait for the next installment. I did think, at times, the movie was a bit long, and really could've been TWO movies, there was so much going on. But, it did not make it bad at all. Rather, really intriguing how intense the storyline was. Oh, and now I want to watch Swing Kids again. Haven't seen that in years. Christian Bale's character in that was a bit tormented as well. A the new Batman, he is EXCELLENT. Hmm, I guess I like the movie! LOL!

4 comments:

aimee said...

has anyone ever had a good experience a wally world?!? not me. i really hate going there. we watched batman begins yesterday, then hubby went to she the new one. i get to see it tonight. yeah! i can't wait! CB was very good. maybe i should check out that other one you said he was in.

Anonymous said...

I avoid Wal-Mart as much possible...which is about all the time..can't stand the place!!!

Yahoo for army underwear?

Well, looking forward to Ella stories.

LTTS

Anonymous said...

My Hubby and I went to the movie yesterday too...it was pretty good, but a little too dark for my taste...I had to cover my eyes several times!

Kimmy said...

Unfortunately, we weren't able to see it this weekend. So glad to hear it was good. Hopefully we'll be seeing it soon!

Glad you had fun!