Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oh, the joys of parenting!

And they really are! I find it sweet, still, that Philip falls asleep in the car. It reminds me he is still little. But growing fast. Oh so fast. We went to McDonald's tonight for treats (ice cream for kids, yogurt for daddy, fries for mommy). Tomorrow I promised the kids Happy Meals, too. VBS is tomorrow, but I may skip and take them to the free movie, which would be Charlotte's Web, at the Regal Cinema. We'll see! Philip's never been to a movie, so he would find it great, I think!

I should not have eaten fries, but oh well. My stomach hurts, and so does my back. I need to remember to sit back and sit up these days.

I did make a spice cake today and my honey ate some before he ate his dinner. HA!

Last week was honestly a challenging one. Many good things, yes, but stressful, emotional, and parentally challenging. Especially my Friday, which in turn, I was still recuperating from on Saturday, so I missed the photo lab get together because of that. It ended up being a positive night at the Russell household though, that evening, as we got some things accomplished and I felt more relaxed, and the kids behaved. They BEHAVED!

I have been working on the same scrapbook page for 5 days now. How sad. LOL! My mind is too tired to do that right now, I guess!

Friday, we're ready for a date! And a date we shall go on! To see The Dark Knight, of course. Ella will be at a friend's sleepover birthday party, and my parents' are going to watch Philip for the evening. They are really excited to have some one on one time with him.

My sweetie brought home a project for me yesterday, which I accomplished today. Names of children and sizes for EVERYTHING, shoes, socks, shirts, etc....so we could provide school clothing. A boy and a girl. I found great prices online at The Children's Place, so we're set to go! I think I must have been unconsciously stressed though, about that, not that there was any reason to be, but my hormones went WAY wacky, I got EXTREMELY overheated, and I had to turn the air a bit cooler. Oh my. I did NOT feel right but that only lasted an hour. I had to eat something, too, so I HOPE there isn't anything goofy going on.

This summer is flying by, isn't it? I hope to try to enjoy the DAY and all that is in it. Every day. Sounds nice, but it can be difficult, that's for sure.

2 comments:

Kristii said...

Good luck on that Scrapbook page!!! Friday's date sounds awesome!! I hope you will have a fantastic time!! Parenting-its a roller coaster ride! Definitely worth the ride that's for sure!!!

HennHouse said...

Praying for you, sweetie!