Sunday, August 24, 2008

Let me do more of...

Nothing but feel like everything. That is how a mom of two plus one on the way feels. (And I seriously feel blessed to say that. I missed my kids the few hours I had to be away from them this afternoon...). Now, I have to stay off my feet even more, because of a potential issue. Last week I had a sore spot on my leg that has hung around ever since, and I didn't know what it was, if it was just a bruise, even though it had no color as such. This morning, I woke up with another sore spot on the same leg but around the calf area. Painful and bothersome enough that, after the morning (church) activities, I made a call so I could see what I should do, and thus went to the ER for them to check it out. No blood clot found, thank goodness, but there was a "maybe" indication with another test that it COULD occur, so I go back in a few days for another ultrasound. Nothing serious we know, just pain that is constant and bothersome. I was told to elevate the leg as much as possible.....which will be not that much harder to do, since I've been physically tired, or mentally tired. I would appreciate prayer that this painful spot(s)would just go away as fast as they came.

Ella is ready for her first day of Kindy...Thursday! We have screening for her Tuesday and orientation Wednesday. I need to get a gym shirt and art shirt in order, but other than that, she has all she needs. Soccer game (first one) on Tuesday, too! We took her school supply shopping at Target last week, and she found this My Little Pony backpack that she LOVES. She is carrying it around EVERYWHERE. And, pulling out her little supplies and reorganizing them. So cute. I sure hope I don't have to put her name on each crayon though! LOL!

I took advantage of the Old Navy jean sale on Saturday. I had prebought several pairs, since the kids' were going to be $7 and adults $12. Richie finally has a great pair of jeans (he is a khakis kind of guy, which I LOVE about him, too!) at a GREAT price. He has ONE pair that is very out of style LOL. Just one. Like I said, he's a khaki kinda guy! Good thing I had "extra people" with me so I could get more than the 3 pairs alloted to the per person thing. HA! So, Ella ends up with 3, Rich 2, and Buddy, 1, but wait...I ordered 2 more for Buddy off the internet, free shipping, too, and the funny thing is, the ones I got were NOT ones on sale in store. He has had this fantastic growth spurt, with his height, so getting these with the adjustable waist is going to be wonderful. He has a 2t/3 waist, but a 4t leg. Other than those items, I skirted past any school shopping for Ella.

We have had several family get togethers the past couple weeks, for birthdays, and just a nice campout as well with family. At the "campout" which was really just a campfire, my gram actually wanted to come, so we picked her up as we went to my parents' house. We've had some wonderful time with the Snyders' that have moved to the area! I have been able to have Abigail over several times so the girls can play. These hot days are no fun though. Especially now that our van has no air! Yikes! Rich can recharge it so hopefully it'll last again, until the end of this summer heat.

When we were at Rich's parents' house a week ago, Rich was working, but the kids and I had gone, I should clarify, and I had some time talking with his grandpa Simplican. Now, I suppose not many know this, but Rich's dad had passed away when he was 5 years old in an accident. His mom remarried several years later, and it was the "turning point" for the family. So, he and his older brother, Gary, have always called his stepdad "dad." And, so, this grandpa is his stepdad's dad, and boy, is he a cantankerous fellow. Made me laugh LOTS that day. He was so enthralled with my coupon clipping. Something I did while I awaited the meal. He could not believe that I would be getting free bread from coupons from the paper that day. He kept asking the other "women" of the household if they collected "stamps." LOL! Also, he said his grocery bill is $9 a month! I guess he doesn't eat much! He said some funny things to me when we were lazily conversing. Since I've known Rich, I have honestly never gotten to talk much with grandpa Simplican. He is 93, and still going.

This week, we had the pleasure of taking lunch to my grandmother, all four of us. It was a pleasant visit, and I know she really loved seeing her great grandkids again.

I feel that my bloggin/posting flair, ability, or whatever has disappeared. And my creativtiy as well! But, that's okay. This time, with 2 and a half months left, makes one slow down, and think or do other things. I am just trying to let God lead me in the areas I need to concentrate my energies on.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Expect a call from me...SOON. I haven't been feeling too good the past several days. But I will call.

I'll be praying for you and if you need ANYTHING let me know, k?

Love ya.

Susan Beth said...

praying for the discomfort to go away and for all medical followup to be good news! You sound so busy for someone who needs to take it easy! gonna be hard, I bet, but you can do it!

liz mataraza said...

i hope that your leg pain gets better soon! take it easy girl! get all the rest you can now, while there isn't a baby crying for momma!

prayers and hugs. thanks for keeping us updated!

vtpuggirl said...

Don't worry, just take some pictures if you can. You can scrap them any time. Praying that you get some rest, and feel better.

Kristii said...

I am so thinking of you girl!! Praying for healing and physical comfort, and energy. May He give your doctors wisdom and knowledge! Bless your sweet heart! I remember when I was expecting Benny...that was so long ago...
Thinking of you, too, as Ella starts Kindergarten! Very exciting time, yet emotional for mom!! I hope you can get some good rest and the scrapping mojo will come back around when you least expect it!! Hope you have a good day!!!

Ami said...

Take care of yourself! Saying a prayer for you~!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy. Just checking in wanted to let you know I have been thinking of you. I know it will be bitter sweet to watch Ella go to Kindergarten Thursday. I'll be thinking of you. I hope your leg is feeling better already. I'll be praying for you. Hang on !!! Jenny

Stefanie said...

Hearing you talk about Grandpa Simplican "Uncle Howard" to me makes me smile! I'm glad to have met you and find out our "connection"!