Friday, September 19, 2008

A week's end




I have several things to share today....

First, Ella came home from school yesterday with a hop, skip, and a jump in her step, along with a smile. She had two more friends, and knew their names, too! LOL! This morning was the first morning since school began that she did not cry when I left her and did not remain clingy to me. This is what happened...we get into the recess area, and a girl comes up and says "hi, Ella!" and then two more girls come up to us and say the same thing, and then a group of four girls come up and say the same thing and one gives her a hug. Mommy is VERY happy. Ella went off to play after sitting her backpack down and didn't give me one extra glance. Still, Mommy is VERY happy.

Secondly, we had gone to Beaver Creek after church a couple weeks ago, to meet some friends of ours that we had played in a band with awhile back. Jack took a couple of photographs of Rich and I. I cropped a bit and played with them in Elements, and the black and white one is my favorite. I still need some maternity shots, wink wink to Beth, and hope that can happen soon.

Thirdly...ahhh..at last....my favorite publication came yesterday so I can see my 2 photographs published! There was to be a third photograph in this issue, but it will be in a subsequent one I was told...perhaps the winter or spring I hope! I am thrilled! Ella and her friend Natalie, in When It Doesn't Rain, which is the first photograph of the issue (due out in October, so go check Barnes and Noble for it then!), and then a little boy from our former church at his birthday picnic. That's his feet...and his dropped silverware. LOL. Anywhoo, if you can't read the journaling, I'll come back later and blog it. I have limited minutes right now, ALONE in the house, as Rich took the kids to a park. I will have to blog about my hero, my husband, tomorrow. He sure has been a hero lately.






I have been super tired again lately...and sick. Ick. Such as last night. Hoping that this passes soon. Eight more weeks!!!!!!

And, finally, today was the funeral for our lovely friend, Aleida, from Studio Calico. Please continue to pray for the family...and friends who truly loved her. I must say that friends that you meet online mean as much as ones "in real life." They really really do. They are definitely true friends.

14 comments:

Nancywithajones said...

OHHHHHH HOW SWEET! IM so happy ella has made some friends!
AND WAY TO GO GIRL gettin pubbed in that magazine. whehew!!! Those photos are gorgeous!

Tammy said...

those are such beautiful pics. You and rich look so adorable. I also love those pics in that magazine. how are you doing!! you look great!

Jennifer said...

Congrats to you! Very very cool.

Anonymous said...

Hey...how cool is all of this!!!
LTTS

Kelly said...

You are so beautiful. Love the pics.
Very happy for your little girl. Too sweet!
And congrats on the publication - very very cool indeed!

Heather said...

Congrats on the publication!! Very sweet photos of you and hubby too!

Heather

Elizabeth said...

Wink, Wink back at ya!
Let's get together this week, if you can. Things have slowed down tremendously so I have loads more free time. We'll get those pics taken yet, you have my word!

Adrienne said...

8 weeks?! I hope my time goes as fast for me, as your time your time has gone for me!

Congrats on the pics!

Susan Beth said...

Great photos all the way around - of you and in the mag! And so happy Ella has found a niche at school! Sure is wonderful how God works things out - but only in his time, kwim!

Elisa said...

wow, beautiful photos.
and thanks for sharing the sweet story about your DD.

5esses said...

Hi Amy! So glad to hear Ella is doing better in school. What sweet pics of you and DH and I LOVE your published photos. Beautiful as usual!!!

Sam said...

Kudos on the publication.
Thanks for sharing the pics of you and Rich. Awesome.

liz mataraza said...

the photos are gorgeous Amy! and so are the ones of you and your hubby! you are too cute!

Anonymous said...

Your photos are fantastic! Congrats!