Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Balance

Hehe...what I don't have right now! LOL!

This baby likes to be on the right side of me..the other side is mushy, the right side you can tell he's there.

Morning routine, Buddy daytime routine, picking up Ella routine, and evening routine....it is taking work to get these balanced out and all the kinks out. I think we're finally getting some of the routines down though.

Oh, and MY sleeping routine is completely out of whack. Very uncomfortable belly of mine. And back pain....ugh.....this is something REALLY bothering me throughout the day. I am *trying* to focus on the "we have only 20 more days left" phrase to get through that discomfort.

I've been quite pokey at laundry lately, but Richie has helped so much. I am almost done with winter coats though, so we'll be all set and I won't have to worry about come Nov. 11 (or earlier....the hope!).

Trying to balance the weeks out here, with getting what we need. I was really blessed with finding some inexpensive clearanced baby washclothes (found out that after using some for Ella AND Philip, they are not worth keeping!), 2 playard sheets, and 2 bassinet sheets....and a nice green toile (I am a SUCKER for anything toile, especially GREEN toile!) swing from Once Upon A Child. Oh, and not a boppy yet, but this other nursing pillow that was clearanced that I heard is so much better, and I think, especially after a C Section. The boppy for the baby can wait!

I have loved washing the baby stuff...such a wonderful scent that Dreft is, and I think I may be repeating myself with that comment again!

Ella is starting to pick up on the reading process. I am so happy about that! I am thinking about trying to get the new Leap Pad pen/pad thing at some point.....it's just a pen that goes over the words in books, and seems to be a great tool with assisting literacy. More sophisticated then the "school bus" leap frog thing for toddlers.

More school news. She brought home a certificate and prize for being "caught" with good behavior. She bought lunch two days in a row last week, for something different, and did good with that change. She is a bit picky with what she eats (no PB&J, tacos, breaded chicken sandwiches, hamburgers..etc..). She likes her ham and cheese sandwiches and then she got a hot dog one day and pizza the next. Next week...breakfast for lunch one day. She's ALL about that! LOL!

This coming Monday, we'll begin Girl Scouts! They are supposed to do a craft, and it may be carving pumpkins, not sure though. I am so excited about GS! It'll be a challenge to get there some weeks, but one of us, Rich or I, will go.

I think I have my days and nights confused. All of a sudden, just a few days ago, I start really eating at 7 pm and on...LOL.....Of course, there's food throughout the day too..but come on. This is not well-balanced eating at all! I am loving pierogies lately! And nachos and cheese! And WHY did (we) buy Halloween candy already?

On to what was so wonderful the other day....

Rich and I went BY OURSELVES to a wonderful hotel in Sugarcreek, OH. The Carlisle Inn. Somehow, we were able to get a room. Rich called Saturday morning and checked for any cancellations, since they've been booked for awhile, and there were TWO. The man who answered was floored, and said we were really lucky. We only stepped out ONCE from our hotel during our stay (through Sunday around Noon). We had to go pick up our dinner, which we decided would just be pizza, something inexpensive since we spent a bit more on our hotel choice. Oh, totally worth it. Now, my job is to ebay something of Rich's so we can go again. LOL. He said, it's the carrot dangling in front of the horse. HA!

We had as much fun as we did on our honeymoon. So wonderful to be focused on each other. There was time for swimming, Scrabble playing (as they had a stock of board games in the lounge area), and even....piano playing! A beautiful baby grand sat on the second floor and welcomed pianists. I found a hymnal and other arrangement book in the bench, and had a delightful time with the music. Later on, Rich took out his mandolin, and we did several duets. There ended up being small audiences, and it was just a special time.

For down time, Richie played his music in the room and I scrapbooked. There was actually a scrapbooking/cropping weekend going on, and it's one that finds it way to a local inn as well, which was interesting. The couple running it was very nice, and I am thinking what a great way to get some scrapbooking done!

Beyond just having a wonderful time there, the place was stunning. We both hope to be there again. Well worth saving up. It had been years since we had gone away on our own! Now, be sure that we recommend it to other couples! We felt incredibly blessed this weekend.

Hopefully, there will be some layouts posted soon on here (that I've finished). Maybe another pic or two. And, a few links to some neat sites I've been finding as I search for educational, science, and nature toys.

Meanwhile, I pray that you all are safe, warm, content...and are feeling God's love. God Bless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I can't remember the last time DH and I had a whole weekend alone...it must have been bliss! Those last 20 days are hard, but I hope they pass quickly and you will be meeting your new baby very soon!

vtpuggirl said...

I hope you can find a comfortable position and get some rest. I loved girl scouts, hope yours does too!

Tammy said...

i am so glad you & rich had some time away. i wuld like info about that place.get some rest. time is coming soon for you to meet your little cutie! let me know if i can help anyway possible.