Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A little couponing


Well, I did do that today. With my savvy couponing and sale sleuthing I saved a little over 50% of my bill. Including 60 cent soap multipacks and $1.25 big juice bottles...yeah! I did feel badly for the other people waiting in line after me. It is tough just to watch someone else's coupons be scanned, especially when you have a HUGE pile of them!

I have about....um...200 coupons that need filed right now though LOL. Anyone want to help???! HELP!!!!!

That's the one thing that I hate....organizing and sorting and purging coupons. But, it is worth it. I am just not that organized, with anything I guess!

Philip did NOT help too much with this trip though (he needs a nap). It wasn't as bad as a trip as some other times though. He did help me the other day, quite a bit, when we scanned some items at a baby store (for a few family members to have a list of things we need). He had SO much fun doing that. I did too, because that trip actually helped me be organized a bit (and happy to be getting a coupon for list stuff soon in the mail!). I am trying little by little right now to get prepared. I have been so fatigued lately, so I don't get much done. I do have all the clothes washed for the baby, and he has enough of those. (Mommy loves to shop for clothes, you know!). Ella has been helping me fold them and put them away. I just LOVE the smell of Dreft. Lovely. I sneaked in a couple things of mine in those baby loads...heehee. Couldn't resist.

Rich and I are planning an overnight getaway- for the two of us- this weekend. I hope we can manage to do that. Sometimes, we plan and then it falls through. But, we do have babysitting lined up and hopefully the time away will be relaxing and refreshing. Things are busy around here and will continue to be busy. We'll have our new windows put in probably when I am at the hospital in four weeks....oh dear. It'll be real close. Probably will do them after, maybe 1.5 weeks after LOL. I HOPE. I cannot deal with a whole day of window working with a newborn AND recovering from a C-Section.

Ella is done with soccer however, I signed her up for Girl Scouts! She is excited, so am I. I really think it'll be a great thing for her. Another kindergartner we know is going to be in it too, so I think that is an added bonus.

I have not gotten in the routine of having a time of homework for Ella each night. I have been BAD at that. It's frustrating. The time just goes so fast. I haven't given her another piano lesson in awhile too. Grrr.....I think the bedtime routine has been a major thing in our household, trying to keep it, I mean! That just takes up most the evening, really!

Well, I have some great scrapbooking ideas but no "umph" as of late. Hoping to soon. There are some fall photographs just wanting their stories to be told. :)

5 comments:

vtpuggirl said...

Where do you get all your coupons? I'd love to get some, just not sure where to start. Hope you can rest soon.

Anonymous said...

I haven't figured out how to make the most of my coupons...I always cut them out and never seem to use them. But wow, 50%?? I need to get organized!

diana albright said...

I haven't figured out the art of couponing. Plus with us not having a car, I've been spending a small fortune ordering groceries online and having Safeway deliver. No coupons on delivery. :-(

I hope your weekend plans with Rich don't fall through and that the 2 of you have a fabulous time!

liz mataraza said...

ugh...coupons...and homework! i always clip them but never use them! luckily though with the homework, we do it first thing when mich gets home!

i hope you had a great weekend with your hubby!

Kristii said...

I just don't have the time to mess with coupons! Good for you to save so much!! I hope your weekend plans work out!!! Thinking of you girl!!!