Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Half the cake is GONE

My grandma, dear, precious grandma, baked me a cake yesterday for my birthday today! And, it was one of my favorite flavors, too...Spice cake. The kids sang to me, Rich too, and then we all blew out the candles- a little early, but we wanted to eat that cake since it was here already. Yummy!

My birthday present, along with Christmas I suppose, is this lovely new laptop I am typing on. I think, truthfully, it is Rich's gift too. LOL. He has been using it lots as well.

The only other birthday plan we have is for Thursday. A friend of mine will watch Philip, since Ella is in school, and then we and the baby will go to the Outback. Rich was given a gift card there from coworkers. Perfect time to use it. I am craving steak so so so very badly.

Will David is doing wonderfully well, and he does not have days and nights mixed up really, but he is not sleeping the best anyways. Hopefully soon that will change.

Ella went to a Girl Scout meeting last night, as a neighbor who takes her girls came and picked her up for us. They went to the Ginger Jar, to paint a ceramic peice.

Philip had his first visit to the dentist yesterday....oh, how the tears fell when we got to the office. I had to sit on the chair myself, and hold him, so he would actually SIT there and open his mouth. Poor little guy. But, he made it through and did end up learning that there is nothing to fear (at least when you are little and your teeth are great!).

So, this is all I shall blog for now. I have to get a certain little girl ready for school!

14 comments:

Susan Beth said...

Happy birthday girl! I'm tomorrow, but I'm a lot older than you, I bet. Sounds like you have some fun plans and already did some good celebrating! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

poor philip! glad he made it through! and happy birthday!!! mmm ... spice cake! enjoy the other half!

Aimee Ann said...

Happy Birthday! Glad its turning out well!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!

liz mataraza said...

Happy Birthday!!! hope you have a wonderful day. but what day wouldn't be when you have a brand new baby and spice cake?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Amy!!

Alex Hardy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
mmm ... Outback. :P
have a fantastic day!

Anonymous said...

Outback? Yummy indeed!

I still think Will David looks like his big brother (minus the perfect teeth).

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to my fellow december birthday girl! hope it was fabulous! :)

Sam said...

May I add another Happy Birthday.

Elizabeth said...

I feel like such a bad friend! I knew your birthday was coming up and I totally forgot to wish you a happy birthday! Well, I will have to make up for this one for sure! Love ya Amy and miss you tons! We'll have to visit soon!

Vanessa said...

happy birthday! if you need help eating the rest of that cake...let me know!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday! Enjoy your laptop and cake! Just catching up a little and have to say what gorgeous pics you have of your new little guy!! Makes me miss those baby days...

Amy Adams (aka Scrapitgal) said...

Happy belated B-day!! Spice cake - yum!!