Friday, March 13, 2009

Truly grand friends play Candyland with you...


Did you know that? I bet you didn't! You do now, so make sure it happens sometime!

Last night, our wonderful friends Kevin and Kimmy came over. We had tacos, cornbread, and brownies. Oh, tea and coffee as well. I was hopeful that the kids would behave, and they did for the most part. They just got excited now and then about our company.

Well, at one point, after dinner, I had to take Philip into his room so the other adults (and Ella) could play Scrabble. I had been playing too, but I had to tend to the baby. So, I just went ahead back with Buddy. After awhile, Buddy was doing okay so I thought it would be fine to send him back into the kitchen/dining room table. After a few more minutes I went out to see everyone as well, and hopefully to join back in on Scrabble.

I came into the room to find the Scrabble game pushed aside and Ella's Candyland game having taken it's place as the event of the evening. Hi-larious, I tell you! We have no more "markers" of the original game so we always just use random little things/toys the kids have. Kevin was a watering can. I think Rich was some Red Rose Tea figurine. Kimmy was a little elephant. I love that little elephant. It has no tail, but it's cuteness makes up for it. In fact, I usually get to be the elephant! hmppH! LOL! Ella was a little plastic girl toy. Everyone seemed into the game...and Rich had to become the invisible player, as Philip swiped his figurine eventually.

Honestly, it brought wee little tears to my eyes. I could not imagine such kindness towards my children as Kimmy and Kevin had showed to them tonight. It is a memory I shall treasure in my heart.

Well, I have to say that after the kiddos went to bed, we brought the Scrabble game back to the forefront and finished the game. It was a tough game for some reason that night....but to my astonishment and glee I won! HEHE! Thank you, wonderful friends, for a delightful visit!

This morning we woke up to bright sunshine. So, after taking Ella to school, Philip, Will David, and I went to my friend, Katie's. Autumn made me laugh, because at the door, she was pretending to shiver really hard- the cool air as we came into the house must have chilled her a bit. I was so glad it turned the corner and became a bit warmer on the way home. Philip and Autumn played well together, of course. It is a sweet thing to see them play.

Tomorrow Ella shall have some one on one time with my mom and dad. I am glad for that because I think it will be good for Ella. I am not supposed to tell her this, but I guess I can post it. My mom got her cotton candy. ohhhh..she'll love this surprise!

I cannot believe it is so late. I will leave you now, and hopefully will write more another time soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What valuable treasures are true friends...who sacrifice scrabble for candyland...
LTTS

Anonymous said...

Hmm..I'm pretty sure we enjoyed Candyland as much as they did! Hehe! And, I won!!

It was so much fun, a beautiful evening!

We definitely need a Scrabble rematch though. I think you cheated;-)

Thanks for your kind words and for a most memorable, blessed evening!!